Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → what causes this?
what causes this?
2001-07-23, 3:01 PM #1
for some reason, when i'm trying to make 3dos sometimes i get the problem seen here:

[http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/23.jpg]

the surface is there in jed but for some reason it isn't rendered in the 3d preview or when i put it into a level. it's flagged the same as the other visible surfaces shown. i fixed the problem by starting over and not adjoining anything, but sometimes it's convenient to cleave a sector then import it as a 3do. that seems to be when this problem occurs. i don't get it though

[This message has been edited by adrenal_medulla (edited July 23, 2001).]
"the mouse is my chisel."
MotS mp:
Little House of Hazards
Surface Disposal Outpost
2001-07-23, 4:40 PM #2
Sorry But I Cant Help. I Get the Same Problem Too. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
2001-07-23, 4:58 PM #3
That's because your surface has way too many verticles. Cleave it in 2 or 3 smaller surfaces and it should fix your problem.

------------------
Man created civilization not because of a will, but because of a need to be asimilated into higher structure of meaning.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2001-07-23, 5:03 PM #4
Hit F10 to bring up the consistency checker. I'm betting the same as Flexor, you will probably have an error that says "surface has more than 24 vertices". I've had the same problem when making large stairways. Just cleave that surface into several pieces so each section has less than 24 vertices.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-07-23, 5:04 PM #5
By the way, in the future please shrink your screenshots so they don't screw up width of the messages. Thanks. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-07-23, 5:43 PM #6
my bad. i hope it's better now yeah, nothing came up in the checker and both sides are identical. it would seem that if one side was having a problem then the other would have the same problem. everything's fully lit too. oh, well i redid it the other way anyway so no worries...
"the mouse is my chisel."
MotS mp:
Little House of Hazards
Surface Disposal Outpost

↑ Up to the top!