Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Help with custom particle fields
Help with custom particle fields
2001-08-07, 3:13 PM #1
I've just finished creating a workaround to get force persuasion to work for Rbots, as the 'real' persuasion causes JK to crash if it is used by the bots.

The problem is that I need a persuasion 'look alike' particle field to attach to the bot when they turn invisible.

Anyone like to create one? Or simply point me in the right direction to get started?

Thanks...

Raynar

------------------
... the Jedi I admire the most, met up with Darth Maul, now he's toast ...
Rbots - a project to develop a working Bot for Jedi Knight... download the latest development version here
Pagewizard_YKS: "making your own lightsaber doesn't make you a nerd... "
Raynar - the man with a 10.75" ePenis
2001-08-07, 6:14 PM #2
Isn't the template for the particles called force_twinkle ?
2001-08-07, 7:36 PM #3
No, persuasion 'twinkles' is a hard coded function of the engine. There is however a template called '+twinkle' but it is not used in any cogs. It's just an explosion sprite and it is not what I need.

Thanks...

Raynar

------------------
... the Jedi I admire the most, met up with Darth Maul, now he's toast ...
Rbots - a project to develop a working Bot for Jedi Knight... download the latest development version here
Pagewizard_YKS: "making your own lightsaber doesn't make you a nerd... "
Raynar - the man with a 10.75" ePenis

↑ Up to the top!