Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Wireframes in JED. Too much!! HELP.
Wireframes in JED. Too much!! HELP.
2001-08-07, 7:11 AM #1
Can anyone help? I am new with JED and am trying to create a multiple floor level. The problem is, when I want to get really detailed with things, textures, etc. I cant see what I am doing!! The wireframe from everything else blocks my view completly, its like trying to defuse a bomb through a mesh of wires the same color! Sorry, this probably sounds like a newbie question to you but, like I said, its my first month with having JED.
2001-08-07, 7:33 AM #2
To fix this problem, JED uses what are called layers. Each layer can be turned on and off so you can have only what you want on screen. Every sector has a value in the item editor (hit enter) for which layer it is in. Just select all the sectors from the first floor and enter "First Floor" (or some other more creative name) in the +layer blank in the item editor. Now hit F4 to bring up the Map Settings window. Deselect the layer (no X next to name when deselected) and all the sectors of that layer will dissappear making it easier to look at everything else. When you're done, just turn the layer back on and the sectors reappear.

[This message has been edited by Home_Sliced (edited August 07, 2001).]
"Good Asian dubs are like Steven Segal and plot; they just dont appear in the same movie." -Spork
2001-08-07, 7:38 AM #3
So Cool! Thankyou very much! One last question, :-D Is it normal for some textures to be a little.... pink..? I was kinda hopeful that this would go away after finshing the level and saving as a GOB...
2001-08-07, 8:17 AM #4
That just means u used colors that arent supported by JK. Make sure that when you create you textures, you make them withg the JK palette file in place (get palette in Paint)

------------------
-------------------------
"You're saying I can dodge bullets?"
"No Neo, Im saying when you're ready, you wont have to."

-The Matrix
2001-08-07, 10:15 AM #5
The two numbers in front of the texture give a hint to what colormap (cmp) to use. For instance, 01blah.mat goes with the Narshadda colormap used in the first 2 levels of the game. Textures with 00 can be used with any colormap. Load the colormap for a level in the "Level Header Editor" under the options or tools menu (forget the exact name). You only get one colormap per level, so you may have to do some retexturing.
"Good Asian dubs are like Steven Segal and plot; they just dont appear in the same movie." -Spork
2001-08-09, 7:34 AM #6
Check the tutorials on colormap errors.

------------------
The rings do not lie, and you can run no more from me[/b]
No signature for you.
2001-08-09, 7:15 PM #7
Thanks. I loaded Narshadda colormap and it fixed ALL of my texture troubles which is awsome!

↑ Up to the top!