Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → I need help with a few things
I need help with a few things
2001-08-09, 9:39 AM #1
I have a few questions I need to ask. First off, when I test my level and break a peice of glass, most of the shards are purple. How do I fix that? Second, hoe can I make the probe droid debris appear in the level, like archihtecture. I tried the arcitechture flag, but that didnt work. Another problem I had was when I gobbed my level to send to a friend, none of the civilians showed up. I'm sure theres a simple solution for that one, but I cant seem to get it. Last, if there were a bunch of doors, would c/s cogs be better than regular door cogs, or would lag throw them off too often?
2001-08-09, 9:45 AM #2
c/s cogs are better in multiplayer, yes. But you can't use enemies or civilians in multiplayer levels!

------------------
The rings do not lie, and you can run no more from me[/b]
No signature for you.
2001-08-09, 10:23 AM #3
Civilians like the ones in Ceasars Palace. That was a multiplayer level, and it had those people in it at the desks and such. Or the people that were in Barons Hed. I know it can be done, but i need to know how.

[This message has been edited by Raider_gc (edited August 09, 2001).]
2001-08-09, 5:19 PM #4
1. Create a new template for the probe droid debris with a different parent template ( like structure).

2. AIs (civilians and enemies) are not intended for use in mp levels. You have to put them in with a generator cog like 00_generator.cog. Depending on the application, you might need to use the ai sych cogs available here at Massassi. If you don't use them the AIs could be doing one thing on the hosts computer and something else (including being dead or alive or in different places) on the clients computers. The downside is that the ai sych cog can cause lag problems.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-08-09, 5:21 PM #5
Oh, the glass shards thing there is some dispute over. Some say it is a cmp problem, other say it is the mat on the 3do of the glass shard is missing. If you take a glass mat and rename it to the mat the 3do calls for, it seems to fix the problem.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-08-09, 7:17 PM #6
All right, i'll try those.
Thanks for the help.

↑ Up to the top!