Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → MY wonderful idea... CRASH!(es)
MY wonderful idea... CRASH!(es)
2001-11-15, 1:45 AM #1
I made this mat using about 20 screenshots from jk, and i put it in my level. In preveiw it all shows up as a miscolored mat, but this has happened before, and the mat looked fine in-game. This time, the mat just causes the game to crash, and when it does it work, its still all miscolored!!

ANy helP?

------------------
Visit my site!
www.snerdcomic.homestead.com
-I am the Pencil Bandito!! Give me all of your Writing utensils!-
Fools!! I'll Destroy them all!!!!
The Situation:
The Sv_SetBrushModel: Null error has occurred in my map. This means that somewhere in my level, there is a paper-thin prush that needs to be deleted. There are 2888 brushes in my level. That's chances of 1/2888 of finding the correct brush. The statistics say I have a .035% chance of finding it.
Did I find it?
You bet I did.
2001-11-15, 2:02 AM #2
So the gammorean chase is on, eah? Well, I have had similiar problems like that. My problem was because I used so many cells in the mat. Try that or at least make sure you were loading 256 color bmps.
Ohh Crap! - Darien Fawkes (The Invisible Man)
2001-11-15, 7:35 PM #3
Ill assume your using Matmaster, so theres no worry about the format of the Bitmap. MM will only load BMPs formatted in 256 colors. It also has a limit on the number of cells it will allow, something like 25.

Although it has been my expirience that even with as few as 15 cells, JK will not load. Its either a cel limit, or a mat filesize limit. Either way, you cant make movies in JK. It just doesnt work.

------------------
Success is the inverse relationship between effort, gain, and loss.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

↑ Up to the top!