Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Shape-Shifting Meshes
Shape-Shifting Meshes
2001-11-24, 8:00 AM #1
I replaced a tuskens strifle with an M4 model that i made using the "3do: adding parts on to player models" tutoral in the tutorials section. It seemed to have worked but when i walk farther away then the M4 turns back into a stormtrooper rifle. Does anyone know how to fix this?
2001-11-24, 8:02 AM #2
how far away from the model does this happen?

------------------
_ _______ _
BladeSinger
Sith Domination (http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1496.shtml)
BladeSinger

-Are you sure this is the Sci-Fi Convention? It's full of nerds!
2001-11-24, 8:30 AM #3
about 1 or 2 JKUs
2001-11-24, 8:50 AM #4
Did you actually cut off and delete the stormtrooper rifle part or is the M4 sitting ontop of it?

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-11-24, 9:29 AM #5
It has to do with the Geosets. As a 3do gets further away, it changes geosets. Meaning that when you get further away from the tusken, his model gets less complex, making it easier on your computer. You need open up the model in wordpad, and paste it onto every k_rarm that you see. There should be four, one for each geoset.

------------------
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

-Tazz
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2001-11-24, 10:47 AM #6
Open it in JED .95, and re-export it. I believe JED removes the 3do LODs...if not, open it w/ JOKE, save it, then do the same with JED. Always do a final export w/ JED.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2001-11-25, 8:14 AM #7
well.. you can change a level's 3do LOD in the level header editor anyways....

------------------
_ _______ _
BladeSinger
Sith Domination (http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1496.shtml)
BladeSinger

-Are you sure this is the Sci-Fi Convention? It's full of nerds!
2001-11-25, 9:34 AM #8
Im running at 19" monitor - so I always bump up the 3d0 lod distances.

I just hate it when a actor is still an inch on my screen, and yet is already at lod3. It just sucks.

------------------
Success is the inverse relationship between effort, gain, and loss.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2001-11-25, 10:41 AM #9
3do LODs don't even improve performance, unless your computer really, really, really sucks. I'd be better just to put mip-maps on the textures of the models. The textures are what kills your framerate, not the polygons. And JK's player models have like..50 polys on them.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!