Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Trouble with new enemies
Trouble with new enemies
2001-11-29, 1:02 AM #1
I'm trying to implement new enemies into my level (in this case a tie pilot). I've got the 3do and I've tried creating a template for it (I'm not even sure this is how I'm supposed to go about it). I choose the imperial officer as a parent template, but in the game although the tiepilot moves around and shoots at me, he's just a tangled mass of limbs and torso - doesn't actually look like a human.

As I said, I'm not even sure this is the right track to implementing new enemies. Can someone help?
I'm a scientist - I'm allowed to be a nerd!

"Will he finish what he begins?" - Yoda
2001-11-29, 1:53 AM #2
Sounds like you'll need to specify a different pup file for your template. If your 3do is based of of kyle, or a multiplayer skin, for instance, you should set its template to ky.pup. If it's based off LEC's stormtrooper enemy model, set its pup to st.pup. Etc.
2001-11-29, 3:57 PM #3
Ya, you're using the wrong pup.

Where did you get the enemy from? Most of them (mine, Gonk's and Milhouse's for sure) all come with the information you need for the template in the readme file that comes with it. You just copy and paste it right into your master.tpl or mots.tpl file.

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-12-01, 5:50 PM #4
I downloaded a whole stack of character 3dos from Al McDonald's site. The readme had a list of included 3dos, but nothing about pup files and the like. I'm currently finding out which ones are which through trial and error.

On the further subject of new enemies, does anyone know where I might find an imperial officer 3do (for origianl JK) that is dressed in the same olive-grey as seen in the movies. Call me obsessive if you like, but the khaki-brown officers in JK don't look anything like the real thing.
I'm a scientist - I'm allowed to be a nerd!

"Will he finish what he begins?" - Yoda
2001-12-01, 7:04 PM #5
THOSE ARE NOT ENEMIES. Those are mp skins. I see from your other post you are having exactly the problem I now expect you to.

For the imp officer, look in Gonk's enemy pack's here at Massassi. Also look for Milhouse's Imperial Pack (I don't remember if its at Massassi or elsewhere).

------------------
"Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand."
Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association

↑ Up to the top!