Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → replacing mats...HELP
replacing mats...HELP
2001-12-07, 4:59 PM #1
I want to scan an image into my computer and then convert it to a mat. I have a mat converter, but I don't quite understand what to do next. Can someone plaese tell me?
2001-12-07, 5:34 PM #2

*deep breath*... ok here goes

I take it that your scanning a picture or sumin... so heres how...

Scan the image and export it as a BMP if you can... if you cant then export it as a JPG or GIF and then convert it with some other program to a BMP ... 256 color if your making it a 8-bit mat and to a 16bit BMP if you want it to be a 16 - bit mat ..... next make sure you have the size of ir a multiple of 2.... on each side .... 128x128 is a good size ... or 256x256...... then once you have your BMP ... load it into mat master and export that as a mat into your JED mat directory .... and it should show up in jed as whatever you named it...... hope i helped any...
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2001-12-07, 6:20 PM #3
Remeber as well if you don't want your textures to have a HOM effect ensure that any black pixels are set to the second most black color value. I like to use PSP because you can modify a palette to exclude the complete black color value then you can apply that palette to your textures.

↑ Up to the top!