Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Pillars...
Pillars...
2001-12-08, 12:42 PM #1
Which technique is better: a 3DO of a pillar, or actually cleave one in the actual level? And why?

------------------
"This forum topic is protected by a dual bladed lightsaber 3 times a week. You decide which 3..."
Home Base
[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2001-12-08, 12:44 PM #2
a 3do is probably better, because you genrally use pillars more than once.
Remember: If you ever find yourself creating a hostage situation always demand a load of useless items so that you can plead insanity when you get to court.

http://www.ud.2ya.com
2001-12-08, 12:59 PM #3
I have a Marble pillar thats 1 JKU high, gimme credit for it...

but on my comp, it laggs alot since it is a 3do, but my comp sucks, and 3d0 are better, it's hard to make the same pillar several time, with a 3Do, just point and click
The Gas Station
2001-12-09, 11:35 AM #4
It depends on the situation.

1. You are limited to around 450 3dos in a level. If you are going to be hitting that limit making things like catwalks and pillars architecture is a good way to free up some 3dos.

2. 3dos can be better for framerate. It depends on the number of pillars and how you make them when doing them as architecture.

3. 3dos and lighting don't get along really well. If you want to do much in the way of lighting in the area architecture might be the way to go.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.

The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association

↑ Up to the top!