Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Is there a free versions of Radient Editor?
Is there a free versions of Radient Editor?
2001-12-08, 7:09 PM #1
I want to try and practice up before Outcast comes out and I've been searching the net fo r a version of Radient of some kind to see if I can at least get a little experience. I guess it's not sector based but JED's all i've had any experience with so I can't get my head around how else it could be done. Any one got the time for some info?
2001-12-08, 10:07 PM #2
Well, the correct term is portal, not sector, and your right about QERadiant, it's a brush editor.
http://www.qeradiant.com/

Here's the mega list of Q3A tutorials. A lot are dead links now, but most are still active.
http://www.claudec.com/the_tutorial_Index/q3a/tutorials.shtml

[This message has been edited by UGGBOOT (edited December 09, 2001).]
2001-12-09, 1:49 PM #3
Jed is personally the best 3d visual editor I have ever used. Every other 3d visual prog I have used (freeware that is) goes about by only dragging verticies.

------------------
To die you must first live, and to win you must first lose....
Do not judge a person by what they do...but rather, what they have done.
2001-12-09, 1:54 PM #4
SG1, you obviously haven't used Q3 Radiant or another Radiant editor. They are much easier to use than JED.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2001-12-09, 1:58 PM #5
Thanks guys...I got the editor and it's time to start practicing...I hope the transition isn't to bad. Ahhh...all the hours spent learning JED...it's like deja vu.
2001-12-09, 2:46 PM #6
Emon - JED is WAY easier to use than ANY version of Radiant. I have used Radiant, it suxors.

------------------
Success is the inverse relationship between effort, gain, and loss.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2001-12-09, 4:11 PM #7
GBK: That's what you think. If I wanted to create sprial stairs, I can do it in GTK Radiant in like 30 seconds, in JED it would take me like 10 minutes. You don't need scripts for doors, elevators, or just about anything else. If you want water, you just make a water brush, texture it and your done. The shaders take care of everything else. It's a little annoying sometimes, like having to use caulk to fix z-buffer errors in 16bit mode, but it takes no time.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!