Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → This is pissing me off
This is pissing me off
2001-12-08, 12:12 PM #1
My level keeps messing up really bad. As soon as i open it up, it gives me an error, "error at line 22096 vertice out of bounds". In teh 3d preview room look like i took random vertice's and dragged them everywhere. (funny pyrimid shapes things.) Anything i enter in the level header editor wont stay, it always goes back to dflt.cmp, none of my custom textures work, the whole room has dark grey lines instead of light grey ones. This is really making me mad and the person who hemlps me fix this one the most gets credit in the readme.
2001-12-09, 7:15 AM #2
How much of your level have you done?

If you've only got a small part of it done, why don't you just give up and start again?

I'm not expecting credit for this brilliant tip...!
2001-12-09, 8:12 AM #3
Ive been working on it for many months.
2001-12-09, 9:44 AM #4
Try using the consistancy checker (f10). It may not be very helpful but it should tell you which sector the problem is in. If you cant work out how to fix it then just delete that sector.

If it is really bad then you should load a back-up copy or completly start again :-(.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2001-12-10, 6:45 PM #5
Theres over 2800 things in the checker [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

[This message has been edited by Dash_rendar (edited December 10, 2001).]
2001-12-10, 7:10 PM #6
I think i know what your problem is... do you frequently edit from views other than the top and sides ones? do you rotate your view around a lot while editing?

------------------
You underestimate the power of the dark side...
2001-12-11, 3:47 PM #7
i VIEW from all angles, but i only edit from the basic ones.

↑ Up to the top!