Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → A.I. Teams.... is it possible?
A.I. Teams.... is it possible?
2001-12-16, 2:40 PM #1
A great idea i had is if there was a way to make some A.I. in a MP game spaw on a certain team and attack some other A.I. on another team and then there could be 2 people in control of thier armies ... but i need to know if you can flag them to do sumin like that and if you can get AI to attack other AI...
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2001-12-16, 3:16 PM #2
i dno what you could do but it sounds cool.
u could have Rebles vs Stormys or gungans vs battledroids. but how would you comand them?
with switches? what ever way you do it it is going to need some COGing
problems with my driveing call 1-800-screwyou
2001-12-16, 3:58 PM #3
You might try running that question by Raynor. I don't know how easily Rbots could be modified to do that.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.

The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-12-16, 7:11 PM #4
Theres something i never checked into ... Rbots ... i really dont even know what that is....
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2001-12-17, 7:02 AM #5
Rbots puts A.I. into MP games, except they act like any normal player, they run around, collect guns (in DM play) and use the best gun for the job. Or theres sabers. I think there is also a team setting so you might ask Raynar about it.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2001-12-18, 5:00 AM #6
I don't think RBots is a true AI, because when you make levels for it you have to set paths for the bots to move around and stuff. However, I know for a fact that you can put AI on teams, but I don't see how you could really command them, except to have them follow you around and shoot whatever they see.
Cynic (sin'ik) n. One of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who held that virtue is the ultimate goal of life, their doctrine gradually coming to symbolize insolent self-righteousness.

Drink So-Be, and play longer!
2001-12-18, 7:18 AM #7
Nar Shaddaa co-op would be a good reference for that, might ask the author about that, the guys don't follow you around, but will shot imperials when they come into view.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"

↑ Up to the top!