Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Enough Canyon Oasis and Battleground Jedi mods already!
Enough Canyon Oasis and Battleground Jedi mods already!
2001-12-17, 7:11 PM #1
Please, as a greedy JK addon level player, I implore any knowledgeable JK level editors to not waste their talents on more spinoffs of Canyon Oasis or Battleground Jedi. I think there are about enough of those that you could play two of them a day for a year and still never play the same one twice. What we need are new, creative, original, well-developed levels. And on a side note, please don't waste our time with goof-off jokes like that "Yoda's house" level that was just ludicrous.
2001-12-18, 7:25 AM #2
So many newbs and "jokers" have flooded with the BGJ and Oasis ones calling them new levels and such. I think they are all right to make for personal use, but don't bloody release them, at least not on something like Massassi, they should try a lower class version or something. By the way, this shouldn't be in the main editing forum, this ones for questions and such, it should be in the Discussion Forum.

All in all, if someone wants to make an Oasis or BGJ mod, be serious about it, and add a theme and stuff to the level, don't just add a few 3dos or guns or re-mat it and expect it to be level of the week or even a level worth releasing. Or at least try to make it a level w/ Oasis or BGJ inside it, kinda like Jawa Dwelling has Oasis & BGJ there.

[This message has been edited by Jedigreedo (edited December 18, 2001).]
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2001-12-18, 9:03 AM #3
I totally agree with you. There have been very few levels that are modified LEC levels worth downloading. This was discussed not long ago in SavageX's topic on advice to new editors. It was in the discussion forum. This one should be too.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.

The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association

↑ Up to the top!