Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → JK High Definition Pack
JK High Definition Pack
2001-12-28, 8:42 PM #1
Has anyone ever tried to make a hi-def texture pak for JK. Seeing as the glory days of JK editing are almost over once JO is released. I think it would be fun to have a better looking version of the game. Just to try it out I replaced the floor texture in the bar at the beginning of level one. Made the rest of the room look like crap. The only big obstacle I see with this is the ammount of textures that have to be replaced (700+). Well that and maybe LEC's lawyers. What do you think?
2001-12-29, 7:36 AM #2
I think it would be a lot of work for very little gain.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.

The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2001-12-29, 11:28 AM #3
You could make an MP mod that adds new weapon models and balances the damage. JK weapons are cool but unbalanced.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2001-12-29, 11:40 AM #4
The JK engine suffers with even medium polycounts, so upping the level and model details is useless. Even 16 bit textures are pixelated, and there's no detail textures/multitexturing either.. it wouldn't be worth it, especially with JK2 on the near horizon.
2002-01-01, 7:32 AM #5
I would like to see poeple create that HD pack like they did for HL BLUE SHIFT.
Just doubling the polycount on JK models have been done before.
Starting to hate the low poly player models a lot.. and seeing through their ankles/shoulders and stuff.

------------------
The BlackPanther
Making 1337 3dos for the JK community, one vertex at a time... and wether you like it or not!
The BlackPanther
Making 3D models one vertex at a time... and wether you like it or not!
2002-01-01, 9:45 AM #6
I kind of like Emon's idea for a balance mod...JK would have been so much better if its weapons weren't so unbalanced.

↑ Up to the top!