Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → 16 bit frustration
16 bit frustration
2002-01-06, 6:08 AM #1
Could someone plz tell me why a lot of colors get lost when i try to convert a normal 24 or 8 bit image to a 16-bit jedi knight mat (using the mat 16 program). I made this really cool and elaborate rusted metal texture with really subtle highlights (128 x 128) but matmaster 16 or whatever it's called screws it up every time to the point where only about 10 colors remain. It appears to do this whenever I use a lot of different shades of one color (it failes to convert textures with a lot of blended, blurry colors). Shouldnn't you be able to use as many colors as you want when using 16-bit textures???

------------------
2002-01-06, 11:44 AM #2
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif] I don't know. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have the latest version of Mat16.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.

The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association

[This message has been edited by MikeC (edited January 06, 2002).]
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association

↑ Up to the top!