Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → crosshair....
crosshair....
2002-01-14, 9:27 AM #1
i've read the tutorial on making crosshairs and all that... I've made a nice crosshair, but it dissappears when I walk near a wall(because it's like an item in front of me) and when I zoom in it looks like I'm flying away from the crosshair... how do I change this?
2002-01-15, 8:38 AM #2
Hmmm... I know that tutorial. As I remember, it had some useless vector coding and a bad template... But anyway, your questions:

The crosshair disappears when you step next to a wall because the crosshair is placed inside the wall. Make the code place the crosshair sprite closer to the player (or camfocus - see below) and the problem won't be as bad.

It disappears when you zoom in? You mean a zoom mod? The crosshair is placed in front of the player. When the camera looks at something else, the crosshair is still being placed in front of the player; so as you zoom in, you zoom in front of the crosshair. To fix the problem, create the crosshair in front of the camera's focus instead of the player. Use GetPrimaryFocus(cam_int) to return the focus_object of a camera.

Good luck [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
More matter with less art.
Author of the JK DataMaster, Parsec, Scribe, and the EditPlus Cog Files.
2002-01-15, 10:41 AM #3
Yeah I knew the problem but just didn't know how to fix it. Thanks for the help!

↑ Up to the top!