Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → making textures on an object transparent
making textures on an object transparent
2002-01-14, 8:20 PM #1
...I think the subject means what I mean...
um, I've made several custom textures for simple objects, and several times I've needed to use the one coler that's supposed to be see-through. I thought it was a true black, RGB 000. But that doesn't seem to be working. Every time the ugly black is there. I know this can be done, but it's not doing for me. I'm using MGI Photosuite 2, MS Paint, Mat 16 v.6, and MatMaster. Both 8 and 16 bit versions of my mats don't make the black tranparent. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

------------------
I am a Christian.
I have a guidebook for life.
I have a friend who accepts me as I am.
I have a promise that will last for eternity.
What do you have?
Cynic (sin'ik) n. One of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who held that virtue is the ultimate goal of life, their doctrine gradually coming to symbolize insolent self-righteousness.

Drink So-Be, and play longer!
2002-01-15, 6:01 PM #2
1. You have to turn on the black = transparent option in MatMaster (8 bit mats).
2. The transparency option was turned off in the most recent versions of Mat16 because 16 bit transparency has proven to be very buggy.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.

The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association

↑ Up to the top!