Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → zippin MP skins into a pk3 file...
zippin MP skins into a pk3 file...
2002-05-18, 6:47 PM #1
what does the pk3 have to have in it for the skin to work? because i've made a skin that works when i just put it in the nessessary folders, but when i zip it all up into a pk3 and put it into the base folder, it doesn't seem to show up in the choice list...

now apparently something's working because I can load a bot of it, and the bot has the right model and skin and everything.. it just appears that the skin itself doesn't seem to want to show up in the list :\

what might cause this to happen? it shows up fine when its not in a pk3 (ie when i just have all the files under base/models/players/(skinfolder)

------------------
Çðrréç†ìðñ
-Roy
Do you have stairs in your house?
2002-05-18, 7:06 PM #2
There's a tutorial for skinning here, I think.
Official Staff Member of the Massassi Temple - File Poster, SotD updater...
I can't ban you like buck can, but you should |>|-|34|2 me all the same.

------------------
Why girls are evil.
2002-05-18, 7:13 PM #3
yes i've read it and this is something that was not covered in it
2002-05-18, 9:17 PM #4
make sure u have the icon_default.jpg in there and make sure u didnt change the name of icon_default.jpg. also scroll through all the characters, and check the names becuase it could of changed and the icon might of not.
2002-05-18, 9:46 PM #5
agh i found out what was wrong.. i was using pk zip, and when it zips it up it does this. . .

models/players/riley/blahblah.jpg
models/players/riley/blahblah2.jpg

and so forth rather than doing..

models/players/
models/players/riley/
models/players/riley/blahblah.jpg
models/players/riley/blahblah2.jpg

and so forth. . i'm sure theres a way to do that with pkzip but i was too lazy to figure it out so i just downloaded winzip and did it with that [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

thanks fer tryin to help anyway, yew two [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

↑ Up to the top!