Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → mod
mod
2002-05-18, 5:13 AM #1
Well first of all I want to say a couple of things?
1)I like outcast but
Its like they put no effort in to keep it to star wars and are hoping for people to completely edit the game and make it cooler
2) The game is still stuck in the middle between that the phantom menace game and Jedi power battles
I personally fell they should have added more special moves like Jedi power battles
3) i am not really bothered but is it me or do all people who know how to play the game just do force pull then back stab ?
4) The game is totally cool but the light side seem a bit weak next to dark side well that’s what I think and I play as light

Well now my moaning is out the way let me get to my point
Can someone make a mod just the same as sabre battle x 3.1 for dark force Jedi knight 2 that mod took sabre battles for dark forces to new highest they where great
A mod that has kind of the following;
1) More cool combos
2) Double light sabre (I personally would not use it but some people might like to)
3) Sabre battles faster but funner seems like they last for ever and it goes to the person who can get the first lucky hit most of the time?
4) Add a kewl kicks I mean KICKS like a low sweep middle kick and high kick
5) My main beef is with the stances
Blue= should be fast and have fast moving butterfly, back flips and stuff to match its style
Yellow= should be in the middle between red and blue so some flips and some rolls
Red= simply rolls and ducks and a simple jump like how count dooku fights in ep2 if you seen it
6) There should be cooler moves with the light sabre to make combat more interesting instead of people running round in circles hoping to hit something

I think outcast is a good game but with some improvements would make it a faster more action packed game

Now here are my reasons for you not to cuss me:
I am not a moaner just like to play the game with more fun and some improvements
I would like to do this myself but i don’t have a clue how to mod and would not be able to learn (im stupid)
I posted here because this is where all the good modders hang about and I know you guys could make this in a couple of mins

Hope this helps for mod idea or if you are maiking a mod and want to make it cooler!

Thanks for your time j

My e-mail and msn
Is: jj_sin_willie@hotmail.com if you want to add me to chat about outcast thanks
2002-05-18, 7:14 PM #2
Welcome! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Now here are my reasons for you not to cuss me</font>

Actually, I have a few reasons to cuss you:

1. If you think this kind of heavy modification will take just a couple of minutes you are out of your mind.

2. "Its like they put no effort in to keep it to star wars" - I don't understand what you could mean by that.

3. You posted this in the wrong forum. This forum is for JK editing. I'll move it to the JO Editing forum for you. We've been having a lot of confusion about this with all the new people comming in. We'll have to see what we can do about that.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2002-05-19, 3:48 AM #3
OK, well I can't help you with the improved stunts and stuff but I have some commands for single player which makes the saber combat more star wars ish.....

bring down the console (Shift-`) and type:

helpusobi 1
g_saberrealisticcombat 1
g_dismemberment 2
g_sabermovespeed 0.5
g_saberanimspeed 1.4
g_saberautoblocking 0
bind mouse2 +block

All that lot will make it so you right-click to block instead of autoblocking, make you move slower while swinging (no hit and runs), make you swing faster and make you only able to take like 1 hit before dying. Its a start - cant really program your mod too well but....

↑ Up to the top!