Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Multiplayer boring me.....
Multiplayer boring me.....
2002-05-19, 4:25 AM #1
Well I dont know about anyone else but the multiplayer is getting boring fast - kinda like Half-life did. Compared to the single-player it sucked.

So, I set out this fine day to do what I can to improve it. To this end I have a few questions:
1. Anyone know what "saga" mode is in the multiplayer map descriptions at base\ui\jk2mp\gameinfo.txt? This also applies to info_imperial_start and info_rebel_start entities in SP mapping mode..... I suspect these are connected.
2. Anyone know enough programming to change the menu systems around a little?
3. Anyone know what saga_objective entities are?

Anyway, my plans for multiplayer are:
Make a game type which is basically Stormtroopers versus Rebel troopers on map. This is why I want to know what the saga type is..... I would also like to see objectives, ie. capture loadsa static flags and areas to take a whole map. There would be unlimited respawns until the objective was completed.
So generally I am trying to find out how to do this. Please help if you can.
2002-05-19, 5:15 AM #2
To change the menus, look in the base folder. It's in ui, or something. Quite simple really.

As for rebels vrs imps... um... team mode?
2002-05-19, 10:04 AM #3
Yep team mode. But its not really teamwork, more "dont-kill-your-own-team".

And yes, the menus are in UI. HTF do I edit them? its a little complicated.

↑ Up to the top!