Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Model Clipping - I Can Go Through Them, How Do I Prevent It?
Model Clipping - I Can Go Through Them, How Do I Prevent It?
2002-05-19, 4:54 AM #1
Hi!
I have used the "misc_model" entity to insert models such as tress and plants into my level, but there is only one problem, in-game, I can run THROUGH the trees' trunks...
I realize that I should use a "func_wall" entity to prevent this. What I did is use the "No Draw" texture from the "System" subset and made a brush that covered the entire trunk. I then made it a "func_wall". I then saved, compiled and tested the level out but I could still run through the trunks!

How do I get around this problem?

Also, if you can answer this, please do. Some of the models don't seem to have the leaves visible as leaves, the brushes that are supposed to be leaves appear as "Shader Missing" in-editor and when I compile the map, in-game, they are invisible!
What is the problem here?

Thanks for your time and help and please reply ASAP!

Kayron James Mercieca - kayronjm@gibnet.gi
2002-05-19, 4:58 AM #2
textures the brush around the trunk with the system texture clip
2002-05-19, 5:08 AM #3
And make sure the brush is NOT a func_wall.
2002-05-19, 5:58 AM #4
Oh right, thanks a lot you guys!
I'm glad I found this forum [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Kayron James Mercieca - kayronjm@gibnet.gi
2002-05-19, 11:06 AM #5
why the heck is there a function_wall, anyway? What does it do? (I feel stupid for asking that) ...I guess what I should say is what is the difference between drawing a wall and drawing a brush and classifying it as a wall?
2002-05-19, 11:08 AM #6
well if you were asking me, and you weren't ; A function is a mathmatical equation and a wall is a wall, so a function wall is a wall with an equation on it.
-------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Not only did I turn into a woman, but I turned into a lewd ,pleasure craving, nymph of a woman!" -By: (a cookie to the person who knows)

↑ Up to the top!