Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Multiple Textures On One Surface
Multiple Textures On One Surface
2002-05-19, 3:25 AM #1
How would I go about putting more than one texture on the same surface. For instance, putting an Imperial insignia on a wall that already has a wall texture on it. I don't want the insignia to tile, I just want one single insignia in the middle of the rest of the wall! Can anybody help?

------------------
Only in America...

Do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2002-05-19, 4:38 AM #2
Anybody out there? Any help would be most appreciated!!!

------------------
Only in America...

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2002-05-19, 4:46 AM #3
Ok since you ask, its easy:

You can't. You can't put more than one texture on a surface. HOWEVER, and heres the trick, you can just make a brush the size of the imperial logo, stick it in the middle of the surface you want, hit CSG Subtract and then texture it with the Imperial logo.

Hope that helped.
2002-05-19, 6:31 AM #4
Thanks for your help. It works!

------------------
Only in America...

2002-05-19, 10:54 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Walther:
Ok since you ask, its easy:

You can't. You can't put more than one texture on a surface.
</font>

That's not 100% accurate.
You can FIT a texture to ONE SIDE of the brush by holding CONTROL and SHIFT, then LEFT CLICK on the surface that you want to texture (You can still only do one surface but you can put multiple surface textures on a brush) then hit S. A Window pops up. To FIT the texture, hit the FIT button, then hit ok. You can also flip it around, stretch it out, rotate the texture, yada yada yada. Hit ok when you're done, and you have a nicely sized brush. This is very handy for SAVING the amount of brushes in your map like if you have a wall with two different styles on each side, or fitting logos or emblems to a specific size. Try it out!
2002-05-20, 6:48 AM #6
Um, thats not what he asked. He wants two DIFFERENT textures on one surface. Yes, you can stretch it, move it, resize it, flip it, whatever - but still only one texture per surface.
2002-05-20, 8:36 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Walther:
Um, thats not what he asked. He wants two DIFFERENT textures on one surface. Yes, you can stretch it, move it, resize it, flip it, whatever - but still only one texture per surface.</font>

I also know that sometimes those textures are odd sized, and when he gets it ingame it may be way bigger than he expected or wanted, trying to "fit" it to his console or whatever he's trying to do with it. THAT'S why I suggested the FIT command.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

↑ Up to the top!