Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Shader in-game textures...
Shader in-game textures...
2002-05-19, 7:54 PM #1
Okay.. I have the following shader:

textures/bespin/top
{
qer_editorimage textures/bespin/basic
map textures/bespin/basic
q3map_surfacelight 450
surfaceparm noimpact
q3map_nolightmap
}

Now, I want this to show up with the 'basic' texture, from the bespin set... but, alas, it shows up as the default texture.

Help?

------------------
Juztyn
Taking credit for: Canyon Stream, Higher Ground, The Space Between, Death's Dome (mlp3), bits of JKRPG, and the entire Showcase forum, damnit!
Visit SWGalaxies.net for the latest Star Wars: Galaxies information!
I beat the internet. The last guy was hard.
2002-05-20, 6:34 AM #2
It shows up with the default texture ingame or in the editor? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

Anyway.... how come you called it textures/bespin/top? I BELIEVE, although I'm not sure, you would have to call it textures/bespin/basic to work with that texture since all the others are the same name there as the texture they refer to.

Try this. And also, I assume you added this to an existing shader right? (bespin.shader I assume).
2002-05-20, 12:02 PM #3
No; the name of the shader has nothing to do with what images it uses.

Juz, your texture has no stages. The editor knows what to use because of the qer_editorimage tag, but the game sees a blank shader.

Try this:

textures/bespin/top
{
qer_editorimage textures/bespin/basic
q3map_surfacelight 450
surfaceparm noimpact
q3map_nolightmap
{
blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
}
{
map $lightmap
blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_COLOR
}
}
2002-05-20, 12:04 PM #4
Wait, scratch that. You've got a nolightmap, trying to map the lightmap over it will make it fail. Either delete the second stage, or the no lightmap tag.
2002-05-20, 12:06 PM #5
I feel stupid. And delete the first map tag.

↑ Up to the top!