Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → help with advanced door manipulation
help with advanced door manipulation
2002-05-20, 2:02 AM #1
i need to make a door that starts of unlocked become locked once an npc spawns and then unlocked when he dies

anyone got any ideas?

-patch
2002-05-20, 2:26 AM #2
well i don't know much about scripts but it looks like you will need one,

something like

event activate door

If enemy = alive then
door = locked

else

door open

but you would have to talk to someone who knows the language of scripting all i know is VB
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2002-05-20, 2:37 AM #3
theres target_activate and target_deactivate enitities that i think would do it

i tried using the target_deactivate entity on the door and linked it to the npc i want to turn it on but the door just starts off deactivated even before the npc is spawned

i thought when the npc spawned it would send a message to the target_deactivate entity to turn it on but it doesnt seem to be doing that

anyone got any ideas?

-patch
2002-05-20, 3:46 AM #4
Scripting. That sound too complicated to do with just entities.
2002-05-22, 1:37 PM #5
Perhaps there is a way you could set a trigger for the npc near his location or the door (or multiple triggers with target 'nameofthedoor') and then place on the the door 'target_deactivate' or 'target_activate' depending with target_name 'nameofthedoor')
Let me know if this works.
2002-05-22, 5:04 PM #6
It seems like it can be done with entities; remember that npcs trigger their target when they die. The problem is that if a standard locked door does not start locked, it will only open once.

↑ Up to the top!