Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → snow textures
snow textures
2002-05-21, 1:30 PM #1
since the amount of snow textures that shipped with JO seemed rather meager, are there any texture packs out there that contain some?
2002-05-21, 2:00 PM #2
if you have quake 3 or elite force you can "borrow textures" from them for your own use but if you want to release the map you are not supposed to use those...copyright and all.

------------------
"For all these years i have only known Dark Jedi, never one from the Light-Side...
...Somehow I expected more!"
"For all these years i have only known Dark Jedi, never one from the Light-Side...
...Somehow I expected more!"
2002-05-21, 2:02 PM #3
see i don't have those though, and hopefully i would like to be able to release a map one day. thanks though. if anyone knows of ANYplace to download snow textures (right now i'll even accept q3 textures), please tell me.
2002-05-21, 5:15 PM #4
any ideas guys
2002-05-22, 3:06 AM #5
Hum, how about making your own? You can surely get a snow picture and copy chunks... or wait till it snows and take some photos...
2002-05-22, 4:13 AM #6
you could also go to www.google.com and do a search for +textures +free +download etc...

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-05-22, 2:59 PM #7
yeah, i think i'm just gonna make my own. it'll probably take less time anyways! let's hope they come out ok. and walther, thanks for the advice, but i think i'm going to have a hard time finding snow right now in souther california!!! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
2002-05-23, 6:34 AM #8
hehe thought there'd be some flaw like that..... Search for Terragen on the net, you can make landscapes with convincing snow.
2002-05-23, 9:02 AM #9
MaDaVentor's your man.
His website, the The Limelite has sand, snow, wood, stone and all sorts of other textures. Problem is when you walk on them your just gonna hear the default "hard floor" sound instead of the pitter patter of snow or sand.
I can't help you there, but I bet someone else can.
It would be pretty pointless to have rock hard sand or snow.

------------------
Umm...... Tickles......
Sounds like a chocolate bar.
Umm... chocolate......
And what else is nice?
Umm...... Singleplayer levels...
You should sail. Its fun, except when you fall in.
"sigh"

↑ Up to the top!