Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Heya does anyone know how
Heya does anyone know how
2002-05-25, 2:43 AM #1
to get those awsome looking wall mounted torches in the duel level ceremonial hall , those fancy flame ones .

And please how do you find and open the MP levels , i just want to see how everything works ,to help me learn stuff .

Thankyou [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

ste

[This message has been edited by ste (edited May 25, 2002).]
2002-05-25, 6:59 AM #2
you cant extract stuff from a .pk3

and the torches were probably shaders that are found in the sfx folder

------------------
I was kicked out of Smurfland for being purple. www.out-post.net
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2002-05-25, 7:12 AM #3
Uh, you can extract stuff from a .pk3. You are probably thinking of a .bsp which you can not decompile with sof2map.
2002-05-25, 8:37 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sleek:
Uh, you can extract stuff from a .pk3. You are probably thinking of a .bsp which you can not decompile with sof2map.</font>

What program can decompile .bsp ?
-------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Not only did I turn into a woman, but I turned into a lewd ,pleasure craving, nymph of a woman!" -By: (a cookie to the person who knows)
2002-05-25, 11:51 AM #5
Well if u want the fire what u do is make a fx_runner entitie and then write fxFile in they Key and set the the Vaule to effects\env\small_fire.efx , that will make a small fire wich it good for torches also there is fire.efx and fire_wall.efx
2002-05-26, 8:24 AM #6
To answer the question of extracting stuff:

The best thing to do if you have lots of hard-drive space is to extract ALL of assets0.pk3 and assets1.pk3, because they have all the files that are well, assets to the game in them.

To extract the files, you need to open them in winzip. The best way of doing this is to shift-right click on assets0.pk3, and select "open with". scroll down the list to winzip, then make sure you check the box that says "always open with this program".
Then extract all the files when the winzip box comes up, to the folder gamedata/base in the folder where you installed JK2. This will give you lotsa folders called eg. maps, textures etc. These are the files used in multiplayer.

Assets1.pk3 has basically only a few sounds as far as multiplayer mapping goes. Extract these the same way if you want to.
2002-05-26, 7:51 PM #7
how much space does the base folder take up after you decompress the files?
2002-05-26, 8:40 PM #8
Well, compressed it's about 650-750MB or so, so I'd say anywhere from 950MB-1.5GB.

[edit: Fixed MG to MB]

[This message has been edited by FRNDS_Pommy (edited May 26, 2002).]
Official Staff Member of the Massassi Temple - File Poster, SotD updater...
I can't ban you like buck can, but you should |&gt;|-|34|2 me all the same.

------------------
Why girls are evil.
2002-05-26, 9:56 PM #9
About 1.1GB from memory.

↑ Up to the top!