Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → JK2 Mapping Tutorials Altered To HTM Format!
JK2 Mapping Tutorials Altered To HTM Format!
2002-05-26, 11:49 AM #1
Ok everyone, the tutorials I have written that are for download at "JK2 Mapping" have all be converted to JavaScript HTM format. This will allow users to view the tutorials offline within Internet Explorer, Netscape and other internet browsers...
Lots of people have e-mailed me telling me that they cannot open the tutorials since they don't have Microsoft Word installed or Windows itself so I just HAD to convert them for more viewability...

Anyone interested can now read the tutorials. The list is the following:

Understanding
=============
JKRadiant Environment
Brushes
Textures
Entities

Doing
=====
Compiling & Packing Maps (PK3)
Skyboxes
Rain
Deforming Brushes (Hills)
Invisible Walls
Coloured Lights
Joining Rooms
Force Fields

To go to "JK2 Mapping", go to:

http://www.geocities.com/jk2mapping/

Kayron James Mercieca - JK2 Mapping
2002-05-26, 1:32 PM #2
Why not send them to Massassi? That *is* the point of this site..
2002-05-26, 1:49 PM #3
I clicked on the link and a popup appeared saying I won a $1110 shopping spree...here, click this and see if it tells you the same. http://205.180.85.40/leadcart1/index.html
Official Staff Member of the Massassi Temple - File Poster, SotD updater...
I can't ban you like buck can, but you should |>|-|34|2 me all the same.

------------------
Why girls are evil.
2002-05-26, 4:04 PM #4
Why aren't they on your site? Noone wants to download a tutorial like that, they want to see it online just like everyone else does it.
2002-05-26, 4:54 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Why not send them to Massassi? That *is* the point of this site..</font>
You wouldn't know it! I sent my doors tutorial last week and they still haven't posted. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]
2002-05-27, 11:38 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JM:
Why aren't they on your site? Noone wants to download a tutorial like that, they want to see it online just like everyone else does it.</font>

I like downloading tutorials for future reference (websites last as long as a sneeze these days), but I'll agree that they should also be view-able online.
2002-05-27, 2:52 PM #7
check your email man
-------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Not only did I turn into a woman, but I turned into a lewd ,pleasure craving, nymph of a woman!" -By: (a cookie to the person who knows)
2002-05-27, 3:12 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">websites last as long as a sneeze these days</font>
You don't have to worry about that anymore with Google's cache and the other web archivers.

But it would be nice to have them in PDF of CHM format, just so we can access them quicker.

[This message has been edited by UGG (edited May 27, 2002).]
2002-05-28, 6:33 AM #9
I agree, I wanted to write them in PDF format!
There is only one problem, I can't find Adobe Acrobat, either the program which HAS to be bought, cannot be trialed or the plugin which is supposed to be freeware...

Anyhow, if I converted the tutorials to PDF format, people would need Acrobat Reader which is not much of a problem since many people have it but would the filesize of the zip files containing the tutorials rise?
That is something I have to look at...

For now, HTM format seems to be the most universal way to display my tutorials...
Anybody can open them without having to download or install anything, filesize is very comparable to the old document format and on top of that, it's not like document files that you can accidently edit them so easily...

Kayron James Mercieca - JK2 Mapping

↑ Up to the top!