Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Changing Kyle
Changing Kyle
2002-05-26, 3:14 PM #1
How would I go about changing the Kyle model with my own, in single player?
2002-05-26, 3:58 PM #2
Replace all the assets in the models/players/kyle folder with the new model.
2002-05-26, 4:53 PM #3
Well I did that but It still didn't work.
Do you think you could explain it a little more? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by TheMixerRHB (edited May 26, 2002).]
2002-05-28, 1:48 AM #4
You have to extract the Kyle model and assets from the assets0.pk3 file and put, then change all the Kyle images and info to yours, then turn it into a .pk3 file and put in in your 'base' directory.

For example, if I wanted to change Kyle in single player to a model of myself, I would have to extract the following folders from 'assets0.pk3' - Models, Player, Kyle. And all of the files in these folders. I would then change all the files in the Kyle folder to my players files (Images and stuff). Keep the folder name as Kyle and then put all of these folders and files into a new .pk3 file (Models, player, Kyle) and put this new .pk3 file into your base directory.
You can extract and create .pk3 files using Winzip or Winace (Go through the usuall zipping procedure and change the .zip extension to .pk3 manually by typing it after your file name).
There is a possibility I have missed something out here, but try it, if it doesn't work I'm sure someone will tell you the real deal and flame me to hell. LoL.
2002-05-28, 9:35 AM #5
Is there a way to do it for your own level? Like, so its not changed even in regular single player.
2002-05-28, 11:32 AM #6
make a new folder, one level up from base, off of the directory containing your jk2sp.exe file. name it 'jango' or whatever your mod is gonna be. then, start the game with the 'jk2sp -game jango' line, to specify loading the pk3s in that folder - if you put your level in there too, you can load your level and have it load the custom mod with it.

somebody smarter can expound upon it. I've never made a mod like that, myself.
www.wudan07.com

↑ Up to the top!