Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → um, hi (and a few ?s)
um, hi (and a few ?s)
2002-05-26, 9:46 PM #1
been a long time since i been on these forums hehe back in the JK days

anyways, im really psyched up about the new game, and im down to start editing it; i made some JK maps with JED, then i went on to half-life and its mods, done alot of mapping there (im no newbie to brush style games)

however, im new to the radiant editors, and have a couple of start up questions about them (no nothing that i could find in a tutorial)

1. is there any way to remap the keys? im getting old and i really dont want to spend time relearning different keys for basic commands

2. is there any way to manipulate vertices in radiant? editing in worldcraft, Day of Defeat maps and the like, manipulation of vertices was the only way to get realistic looking terrain that would be playable - and its so much simpler then clipping/cutting/cleaving brushes to the right shape

3. would it be at all possible to create a .map in worldcraft and have JKradiant be able to read it? (im pretty sure not but maybe if no entities were in...?)

now im not sure how many here are from half-life editing, so if yer not sure where im coming from thats ok, any insights for a reborn-newbie would be appreciated!
Shaving is not a high priority with Jedi.
Would you want to shave with a lightsaber?

I don't like quake, never liked quake, and don't like Star Wars quake. So basically jk2mp.exe never gets used on my computer.
2002-05-26, 9:59 PM #2
2. Hit v to bring up vertex mode... then you can drag vertices out.

3. Fairly sure no, because the Quake 3 format is different to the Quake 1 of half-life. It uses leaves or summat instead for rendering.
2002-05-27, 7:50 PM #3
cool thanks for the reply

anyone know about 1?

is it possible to remap keys in radiant?
Shaving is not a high priority with Jedi.
Would you want to shave with a lightsaber?

I don't like quake, never liked quake, and don't like Star Wars quake. So basically jk2mp.exe never gets used on my computer.
2002-05-28, 11:39 AM #4
I ... um ... think it's possible ...

And, Half-Life was released based upon the Quake2 engine, just with 32bit color, instead of Quake2's original 16bit color support.

Thx,
Wudan
www.wudan07.com

↑ Up to the top!