Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → water/ light switch
water/ light switch
2002-05-25, 11:07 AM #1
question 1- how do you make water to swim in?

2) how do you make a light wich you can tempprarely put out with a switch. Like in the Doomgiver level?
2002-05-25, 11:11 AM #2
you meen like a 3 way switch? or like a switch for a light and another switch to power that switch?
-------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Not only did I turn into a woman, but I turned into a lewd ,pleasure craving, nymph of a woman!" -By: (a cookie to the person who knows)
2002-05-25, 11:32 AM #3
I think he means a timed switch. Personally, I don't know.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2002-05-26, 3:48 AM #4
I mean a timed switch :-)

There is a room wich is lit normaly. Then I want to be able to press a button wich kills 1 or more light temporarely.
2002-05-26, 4:12 AM #5
Easy enough. You'll have to experiment, but it should just be a matter of targetting the light emitting entity, and having a wait value on it.
2002-05-27, 1:01 AM #6
thx

but now how to make water?
2002-05-27, 3:04 AM #7
To create water simply texture an entire brush with a water texture. You now will be able to swim within the brush area as if it were a liquid.
2002-05-28, 7:53 AM #8
thx jeth!

about the light switch..

say I have 5 light entities wich are on, all the time. And one brush as trigger. What keys should I make where?

Lights - Trigger, target, wait,
switch - Targetname.... ??

..I think I know how to put the light on, but how do I tell em to go out, instead of go on?
2002-05-28, 11:28 AM #9
shouldn't that be the other way around?

Light:
targetname = x

Trigger:
target = x
wair = 10

That way, the light is being acted upon, and the trigger defines all the event procedures .. that is, the point of action procedures ... that is, what happens when the trigger is ... triggered?
www.wudan07.com
2002-05-28, 12:05 PM #10
ah, so what ever the status of the light, it will not go on when it is connected to a trigger..

but I want em to be turned of by a trigger..

↑ Up to the top!