Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → converting JED to JO
converting JED to JO
2002-05-25, 8:35 PM #1
Because i was lied to by HP I have to run JO on a different computer, that isn't mine, so I don't have unhinderd access to it. But i read that there is a program that lets you convert JK to JO. if I could make my levels in Jed on My comp then take them to the other comp and convert it. How could I do this between the two computers?

(opposite sides of house, conection by LAN is not an option)

------------------
Just ordinary guys trying to make sense of the sorry world previous generations are so smugly handing over to us like so much skid-marked underwear.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2002-05-25, 11:32 PM #2
I think it's droid.codealliance.ca

There should be a link on there to the jkl importer

[This message has been edited by halcyon (edited May 26, 2002).]
http://jaggedconscience.serveftp.com/

Jagged Conscience
2002-05-26, 4:23 AM #3
It is not good at all for making levels though. What you should do is just install JK2Rad. You don't need the game to make the level. (Although you can't test it.) And what do you mean HP lied to you?

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2002-05-26, 8:54 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cool Matty:
It is not good at all for making levels though. What you should do is just install JK2Rad. You don't need the game to make the level. (Although you can't test it.) And what do you mean HP lied to you?

</font>

why's that? i hate this silly brush crap >:[
negative space seems to make so much more sense to me

edit - does this thingie convert lights too?

------------------
Çðrréç†ìðñ
-Roy

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited May 26, 2002).]
Do you have stairs in your house?
2002-05-26, 10:28 AM #5
Hp told me that I had an AGP slot on my computer then after I bought an AGP card on ebay I found out that it doesn't fit! so I called HP and they told me that I only had PCI. eventhough the specs that I printed off when I got it say that it has an AGP slot.

but anyway, what do I do about going between the two comps? which of the files do I need to copy? Do I need the whole project dorectory?

------------------
Just ordinary guys trying to make sense of the sorry world previous generations are so smugly handing over to us like so much skid-marked underwear.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2002-05-26, 10:57 AM #6
You have a few options :

1)Get a drill, a lengthy CAT-5, some modular tubing, paint, and LAN those suckers together. (you've already said this is not an option.

2)Build your level all week long on your computer using JK2Rad (learn to love brushes - for my sake.) Then, once a week, move your computer by the other computer and LAN them. Transfer files, build the level, test it, make notes of where you want to go with it ... move your computer back ... and go back to another week of exciting work.

3)Screw HP. What they meant most likely is that you have an onboard AGP video, but no slot. Get a new motherboard (that has an AGP slot), preferably one that can take as much of the stuff you currently have, and a new case. Every thing else you have should plug in fine. A Generous estimate would put you back at about $150 in spending on this (unless, you don't still have that AGP Card) BUT - we in the JK2Rad community would love to see you start releasing your stuff.

In any case - GET ... EDITIN'!
www.wudan07.com
2002-05-26, 1:17 PM #7
So, can I not copy the files to disk? maby put it online somewhere and pull it onto the other computer?

------------------
2002-05-26, 2:34 PM #8
The jk map to JO program is really not an option.. it does work, but the resulting mess you get in Radiant would take so long to clean up you'd be better off learning to use that in the first place. Its really not very hard to get the hang of brushes, just think of it as interactive 3d lego [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2002-05-26, 3:39 PM #9
learning Radiant is not the issue. I already have one level that I want to put into JO. that is why I want the conversion program. But the important thing is how to get a level made on one computer over to a different computer to be tested.

------------------
2002-05-26, 3:54 PM #10
Unfortunatly, a map file will rarely fit on a floppy. Get a cdr, or, lan em.
2002-05-27, 6:37 AM #11
Buy that geforce 4 MX card. Its PCI, and it should be fast enough to run JO. (Granted, it isn't the best card, but about as good as you can get.)
edit:
Also, you can get a wireless lan, then you won't have to run any wires.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."

[This message has been edited by Cool Matty (edited May 27, 2002).]
2002-05-27, 7:41 AM #12
ATi Radeon 7000 (PCI, 64MB)
is this card good?(or good enough)

------------------

[This message has been edited by djwguitarman (edited May 27, 2002).]
2002-05-27, 9:17 AM #13
It'll be on the edge....

------------------
2002-05-27, 9:27 AM #14
how close to the edge? up against, leaning over, hanging on by one finger?

------------------
2002-05-28, 1:05 PM #15
Do you not know or not care?

------------------
2002-05-28, 1:35 PM #16
I don't know because ever computer is different. Also, it would help if I knew what your comp's stats were.
2002-05-28, 2:01 PM #17
Athalon 1GHz
128MB SDRAM memory
16x DVD

------------------

↑ Up to the top!