Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → The INFAMOUS question...Which is the RIGHT shader to use for portals?
The INFAMOUS question...Which is the RIGHT shader to use for portals?
2002-05-27, 6:16 PM #1
You know, for Q3 it's portal_sfx. There are 5 portal shaders for JO in the system set, but I don't wanna bother compiling and checking them all...so which one works? The "Portal" one doesn't, right now I'm trying AREAPORTAL...
Official Staff Member of the Massassi Temple - File Poster, SotD updater...
I can't ban you like buck can, but you should |>|-|34|2 me all the same.

------------------
Why girls are evil.
2002-05-28, 7:47 AM #2
FRNDS_Pommy:

Depends on what you are trying to achieve, the AREA PORTAL texture is used for blocking doorways. The mirror portal texture for creating Mirrors (when used in conjunction with the MISC_PORTAL Entity). The normal portal textures when used with the MISC_PORTAL entity and MISC_CAMERA entity can create view screens. (Still trying to get that to work!!!)

Hope this helps!

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif] Llawnroc [http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif]
2002-05-29, 1:27 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Llawnroc:
... The normal portal textures when used with the MISC_PORTAL entity and MISC_CAMERA entity can create view screens. (Still trying to get that to work!!!)
</font>

That's EXACTLY what I'm trying to do. Problem is, it doesn't work.

[This message has been edited by FRNDS_Pommy (edited May 29, 2002).]
I can't ban you like buck can, but you should |&gt;|-|34|2 me all the same.

------------------
Why girls are evil.
2002-05-30, 5:57 PM #4
Ahahahahahahabump.
I can't ban you like buck can, but you should |&gt;|-|34|2 me all the same.

------------------
Why girls are evil.

↑ Up to the top!