Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → How do I get models in my map?
How do I get models in my map?
2002-05-29, 6:35 PM #1
I tried first to use misc_model, and locate models to add in, and I couldn't find any. Then I opened the assets compressed folder, and copied all the models over to the models folder in my base folder. It gave me an error and still would not bring up the model. What do I have to do to get models in my map?
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2002-05-30, 6:28 AM #2
*bump*

ahhh, ignored again....
*Joren, Legend, Alleged Egomaniac, Thread-Killer, 3-time Ban Recipient, and 6th Grade Spelling Champ*
2002-05-30, 7:19 AM #3
You have to access the assets thingie. Just open that, scroll down to models/blah blah and copy the target and path of the model you want. Make a misc model, for the key have "model" i think and the value as the path and target of the model.
The thing thats really annoying me is I can't get it solid even though someones already explained to me how to get it solid.

------------------
Umm...... Tickles......
Sounds like a chocolate bar.
Umm... chocolate......
And what else is nice?
Umm...... Singleplayer levels...
You should sail. Its fun, except when you fall in.
"sigh"
2002-05-30, 3:35 PM #4
That I know... Use the clip brush.

Lol, funny, I can get it solid, but I have nothing to get solid yet....
2002-05-31, 5:15 AM #5
Want to get something solid? You could probly hit misc/misc_model that opens up a load screen then open Assets1 (I think) and find the modle you want then open it.

------------------
Your levels are made of cement and plaster....Mine are made of tape and bubble gum.
Your levels are made of cement and plaster....Mine are made of tape and bubble gum.
2002-05-31, 8:50 AM #6
where should i put the models? my level never shows them, even though they are in the path.
www.wudan07.com
2002-05-31, 9:14 AM #7
Alright.
make a misc md3.
Exit any thingie it brings up for searching for the md3.
Hit n and in "key" type "model" and in value type "models/map_objects/imp_detention/transport.md3" as an example.
Hit enter and it should appear.
Now is the bit I don't understand.I've always known you use clip but I could never figure out how you use it. You can't texture a md3.

------------------
Umm...... Tickles......
Sounds like a chocolate bar.
Umm... chocolate......
And what else is nice?
Umm...... Singleplayer levels...
You should sail. Its fun, except when you fall in.
"sigh"
2002-05-31, 9:28 AM #8
you dont actually texture the md3. you take a brush, texture it with clip, and then just put the brush around your model.

↑ Up to the top!