Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Traps
Traps
2002-05-30, 10:38 AM #1
OK, I want to do three things in a multiplayer level.
1. You know that room in sp level 3, the Mining facility that kills you if you stay in? I want to add that in multiplayer. How do I do this?

2. I also want to add flames that come out of the walls. How?

3. In the Bespin multiplayer level, there is an invisible wall that prevents you from walking on some buildings. How do I make one?

4. Oh yeah, one more, in Bespin, there is a sky background. How do I do this and how do I make a pit where people fall to there deaths?

Thank you very much.
2002-05-30, 1:58 PM #2
For the sky background, I believe you just need to take the sky_top shader/texture of whatever sky you want and apply it to all wall brushes that are to have that texture, for a pit, either make it deep enough that the player takes enough damage to die from the game's general rules or I believe there is a pain trigger you could use.
2002-05-30, 4:54 PM #3
there's a pit trigger somewhere though i don't really know where it is or how to apply... wow, that had to help [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif] [/sarcasm]
Do you have stairs in your house?
2002-05-31, 5:12 AM #4
there is a pit trigger it is called trigger_hurt. Put it around the area you want the dude to fall through and in the entity info box select "FALLING" its that easy (might want to play around a bit to see what works best though)n

------------------
Your levels are made of cement and plaster....Mine are made of tape and bubble gum.
Your levels are made of cement and plaster....Mine are made of tape and bubble gum.
2002-05-31, 8:31 AM #5
after you've made your 'trigger_hurt' entity, select it, hit 'n', and make the damage key = -1 for instant death.
www.wudan07.com
2002-05-31, 3:34 PM #6
WOW! THanks for the prompt help!

What about the heat room, the invisible barrier, and walls that you can walk through?

↑ Up to the top!