Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → I'm done with my first MP level... now what
I'm done with my first MP level... now what
2002-05-31, 5:48 PM #1
what do i do if i want to make my map a public map
2002-05-31, 6:16 PM #2
also im very sure i loaded the mp project for my duel level but its saved as several files such as .bak, .nav, .bsp, .prt, and .map. is this supposed to happen and if so how do i convert these files to one .pk3 file and what kind of information does my readme have to include
2002-05-31, 6:25 PM #3
Don't release your first map.

------------------
Warning: Attaching brain to socket may cause unwanted effects.
xMaps - Xeph's Mapping Realm
xMaps - Xeph's Mapping Realm
2002-05-31, 8:23 PM #4
OK.. don't know what he's talking about.. try out: www.JediOutcastMaps.com very good map site! =) also in your pk3 you should do a search here on pk3 to show you what you need.. you will need a levelshots folder map folder, textures folder etc.. pk3 is just a renamed zip file... your readme should contain your 'how-tos' - where the files go... read tutorials.. also if you want credit for your work.. ie: your name... email. anyhow.. best bet: download a pk3 - from JediOutcastMaps.com for example and look at what is in the pk3 file
Hope that helps =)
2002-06-01, 3:41 AM #5
i just want to know how i put all my files into pk3 format, now can someone actually tell me how to do this
2002-06-01, 5:21 AM #6
Hi!
I have a thorough, beginner-friendly tutorial on getting your maps from a ".map" file into a ".pk3" file for both single player and multiplayer with a screenshot of your level too!
Just download it from my tutorials page, under the "Doing" section called "Compiling & Packing Maps (PK3)" from JK2 mapping at:

http://www.geocities.com/jk2mapping/

Kayron James Mercieca - JK2 Mapping
2002-06-01, 7:08 AM #7
1. Submit your level, when you are done, to massassi.net and jediknightii.net.

2. Jedioutcastmaps.com... well, you don't submit to that site JOmaps.com just steals maps from other sites, which is highly illegal.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2002-06-01, 7:33 AM #8
I know they took JM's map, but he yelled at them and they took it down. Recently, when Gonk released Reactor CTF v1.1, they emailed him asking if he could send it to them and he did. I guess they've changed (for the better).

↑ Up to the top!