Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → How to make map appear in menu?
How to make map appear in menu?
2002-05-30, 9:09 AM #1
How can I make my map appear in the game menu?
I know it can be done but I just don't know how...Please help.
2002-05-30, 11:06 AM #2
Make a new folder name it level. Then make 3 folders inside of it. Name one folder maps the other levelshot and the other script.

Compile your map and start JO go to the console and type in devmap mapname. When the map loads go to the console again and type bind q levelshot (you can use any key I just use q) this makes it when you press q to take a levelshot (A level shot is a screen shot without the hud and its in tga format). Exit the game and go to your base folder and look for a new folder called levelshot inside should be a tga file with the name of your map. Take its and place it in the new folder you made called levelshot.
Take you bsp and put it in the new folder you just made called maps. Then make a txt file with note pad and paste this in.

{
map "mapname"
longname "Your New Map"
fraglimit 10
type "ffa"
}

where it says map "mapname" that is where you put the name of the bsp. Make sure if your bsp is called newmap.bsp you put it in as newmap with out the .bsp or it wont work.

Long name is the name that will show up on the menu.

Frag limit well you should know this one

Type is the type of map ffa,deul,ctf and so on.

Save and rename this file to youmapname.arena
The map name you put in should be the name of the bsp.

Now after you do all that creat a new win zip file in the new folder you named level open the new winzip and click add. A screen will pop up. Go to the level folder you just created if it didnt go there by default.
Click levelshot once and go to add with wildcards. Let it zip everything up. Close win zip and rename it to whatever you want but make sure you rename it to .pk3 not .zip stick your new pk3 file in the base folder and go play your new map.

I just woke up sorry if its a bit hard to understand ill rewrite it if you dont get it.

[This message has been edited by BlindSkater (edited May 30, 2002).]
2002-05-30, 12:03 PM #3
-Where must I put the txt file in after I renamed it to *.arena.
-The whole zip thing isn't quit clear.. Must I just zip the levelshot folder and what to do with the rest. Zipping with wildcards didn't work either...I you would be so kind to explain the zipping part again and where I should put the *arena file. Thank you
2002-05-30, 12:05 PM #4
test 123
2002-05-30, 12:31 PM #5
Put the arena file in scripts.

After you have all your files in the right folders make a zip in the folder you named level. Open the new zip and click add. Click add with wildcards and it should add all the stuff in levelshot maps and script with a path then save close and rename its to a .pk3

If this doesnt work... Well im not sure. What version of winzip do you have. Im using
Win Zip 6.3 32bit. I hope this helps [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
2002-05-31, 5:14 AM #6
-In the script, must I use the quotes or not?
- Can you describe exactly the content of the zip file (folders, files) after the zipping up so I can add the folders, files without wild cards (cause it still doesn't work with the wildcards)
2002-06-01, 12:28 PM #7
YES it works, thank you!!!!!!
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

↑ Up to the top!