Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Invisible Walls
Invisible Walls
2002-06-02, 9:52 AM #1
Since I didn't get any help on my last question, and because I got a better idea, I have a new question which hopefully someone will answer. How would I go about making an invisible wall. I basically need to make it so you can't get out of my level, but can still see most of the skybox. The only solution would be to make a hugely tall wall, but then you couldn't see the skybox. So how would I make an invisible wall that stretches up to the sky, and put it on top of a visible wall?

------------------
Is the problem ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care.
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2002-06-02, 10:09 AM #2
You could also make a slippery slope as a border.

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-06-02, 10:13 AM #3
Make a box where you want the wall to be and apply the do not enter texture to it. And if that dosent work, try the one with kyle and the big red circle with the line through it. I belive they are in the systems or commons texture set.
2002-06-02, 10:14 AM #4
Hi!
I have a tutorial specifically designed to teach you how to make working invisible walls in JKRadiant. Visit JK2 Mapping at:

http://www.geocities.com/jk2mapping/

I currently have 4 understanding tutorials and 15 doing tutorials, including the invisible walls one...

Kayron James Mercieca - JK2 Mapping
2002-06-02, 10:50 AM #5
Man! Am I stupid or something? I downloaded 007's tutorials last night, but completely forgot to read them! Thanks a lot for your help guys! I'll be trying these things out in Radiant later!

------------------
Is the problem ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care.
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2002-06-02, 3:02 PM #6
Do not enter is for bots only, and they don't always pay attention to it. The texture you want is 'clip'.

↑ Up to the top!