Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → CloneWarsMod
CloneWarsMod
2002-05-29, 6:55 AM #1
We are a couple of guys that are making a singleplayercampaign for JDK2 adn we need some people to help us (scripters, 3d designers for maps and skins and web designers) we are first going to de te arena battle were u will have to survive until the reinforcements arrives
2002-05-29, 6:57 AM #2
we might implant multiplayer features in the game later on ane we would be forever grateful if anyone send us an e-mail (clonewar@siii.net) or ICQ us (140436097)
2002-05-30, 5:00 AM #3
2002-05-31, 3:24 AM #4
2002-05-31, 4:25 AM #5
I may give it a go if u want.
2002-05-31, 8:29 PM #6
Well I am in the mists of making a small FFA/DUEL/TEAM FFA map of KAMINO but my compiler is messin on me...... I will e-mail ya but contact me via e-mail Jatso_JK@hotmail.com

------------------
<b> to the code we stand as one" - SilentSaviour.</b>

<i>- SilentSaviour, Jedi Master/Bounty Hunter.</i>
My Lair.[img]http://24.100.14.77/SS%20copy.jpg[/img]
2002-05-31, 8:32 PM #7
Well try my sig sorry about the last post it messed up!

------------------
To the code we stand as one" - SilentSaviour.

- SilentSaviour, Jedi Master/Bounty Hunter.
2002-06-01, 10:09 PM #8
I e-mailed you now
2002-06-02, 3:12 PM #9
I'm good to help too! I'm just learning how to use JO Radiant and stuff but I made levels for jk and for Half-Life. I can help with programming and skinning also.

Oh, I wish we had a program to make models for JO!!! *Drool* That would rule! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Anyway, e-mail me @ Rampage_Spark1@hotmail.com if your interested...

Thanks [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"Hear that? That is the sound of a thousand terrible things comming this way." Obi-Wan Kenobi

-DaGhost
2002-06-02, 3:49 PM #10
Hate to burst your bubble, but singleplayer editing is extremely limited. All you can do is make very slight modifications to weapon functionality (speed, accuracy, range) and remodel them with new sounds. You wouldn't be able to create totally new weapons, just modify the old ones.

I'm saying this because I'd imagine new weapons would be a big part of a Clone Wars mod.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2002-06-02, 4:00 PM #11
So, I couldn't make the stun baton into a knife(different model, no electric sound or effects)?
2002-06-02, 4:04 PM #12
No, the animations would be all messed up...

You could certantly do this with the MP code however.
2002-06-02, 4:06 PM #13
What if they were the same size? Could this problem be solved by editing the source code?

Edit: Never mind about the size thing. I see what you are saying. The animation bound to the new model would make the end open a little like the stun baton...that is messed up.

[This message has been edited by MrChimp (edited June 02, 2002).]
2002-06-02, 4:52 PM #14
I can help, if you want, on either mapping or webdesigning. I won't give you my email if you don't want me to help, though.

[Edit: Oh yeah, make this MP. Please. And make levels like the Yoda vs. Dooku arena for duel and Geonosis Arena for ffa, etc.]

[This message has been edited by FRNDS_Pommy (edited June 02, 2002).]
Official Staff Member of the Massassi Temple - File Poster, SotD updater...
I can't ban you like buck can, but you should |&gt;|-|34|2 me all the same.

------------------
Why girls are evil.
2002-06-02, 4:54 PM #15
The thing is is that there IS no source code for SP, and there never will be. They just aren't releasing it. Weapons.dat will allow you to modify basic functionality of the weapon, and combined with reskinning, modeling and new sounds, you should be able to get some decent results. For example, that clone trooper blaster rifle thing, you could definatly do that by replacing the Repeter or something, but the secondary fire would still be the same thing, a grenade. You couldn't make it into something else, like a laser pointer, for example.
2002-06-02, 5:11 PM #16
Well look at quake3 arena and half-life... there are alot of source builds to work from. Anything is possible, Lvl making for the SP area is highly possible where it is more expanded then MP lvl making..... SP offers more fx Heck SP offers more to mappers then MP does.... MP is more for the death-matcher map maker nuff said [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]. But.. Still on the issue of source builds! Ya need a good coder to who he/she must know programing of game source codes to the bone. A modeler/Animator. Sound Ripper, etc... Gmax is a free modeling tool which enables you to do about anything. Milkshake I know it is spelt wrong but those who know what I mean it isn't free nay offer more but Gmax is free and very compateable to quake3 which is also compatable to JediKnight2!
2002-06-02, 11:20 PM #17
Well actually.... you can do more than you think with the current stuff. EG. the tools released have made it possible to make GFX files. This means that you can now make the secondary fire point to a different gfx file, which makes a laser pointer. You can also make a new knife model since you can make the knife be the stun-baton with NO animations (on the weapon itself).
As for the other source codes... well, u never know. There has not been a dll..... but I'm not entirely sure it works on that princple like Half-life did. They have released ALL the scripts though, and GFX makers. With these tools you can figure out how to do most things, just not make a completly new game with it. The "SP source code" as you put it will NOT be released due to the fact that it would be the modified Q3 engine... they're hardly gonna release THAT, now are they.

↑ Up to the top!