Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Why edit? Q4 is on the way....
Why edit? Q4 is on the way....
2002-06-05, 8:55 AM #1
I found some leaked screenies of Quake 4, and it looks so relaistic I don't see the point in carrying on editing JK2:

http://www.ravengames.com/quake4/leaked_screenshots.php

Man, guys, lets just give up now. Quake 4, here we come!
2002-06-05, 9:12 AM #2
um because JK2 is a cool starwars game, and I like playing it, and it will last a long time (hopefully). JK1 certainly lasted a while. People still play it alot even though the graphics are inferior. ANd who cares about Q4, "NeverWinter Nights" is on its way!
-------------------
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Not only did I turn into a woman, but I turned into a lewd ,pleasure craving, nymph of a woman!" -By: (a cookie to the person who knows)
2002-06-05, 9:23 AM #3
Yeah, because graphics are everything.. no. Look around, you're at a JK editing site - the engine was out of date at the time of release. Look at Half Life - there's so many people still editing, even though the second new generation of engines is almost here. Some people like the gameplay in the game - if they want to make an ancient Jedi temple or something, railguns and rocket launchers aren't as fun as lightsabers.
2002-06-05, 9:34 AM #4
Did you guys looks at the screen shots?.....It's a joke! :-)
2002-06-05, 9:40 AM #5
You guys should pay more attention next time.

Like the screenies.

They should release a game like that, It would be cool!
2002-06-05, 10:00 AM #6
Why not edit for JK2 and then for Q4 when its out?
You gotta love level design...

Kayron James Mercieca - JK2 Mapping
2002-06-05, 10:05 AM #7
LOL! Yeah, it never hurts to do research before you flame something.

↑ Up to the top!