Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → JK2 Mapping Tutorials - My terms & conditions if you wish to do something with them!
JK2 Mapping Tutorials - My terms & conditions if you wish to do something with them!
2002-06-07, 11:09 AM #1
Hi!
First of all, my tutorials are specifically designed to help beginners line by line, and therefore, I will continue explaining how to create a room for the specific stuff of the tutorial...
I do not wish to see any EDITED tutorials around the internet. My work is to remian AS IS!
If you edit them, they should be for YOUR USE ONLY...

I don't mind having tutorials posted around KaZaa communities for example, but NEVER to another website!
I wish to have MY tutorials, on MY website, ONLY!

Please respect these terms and conditions, after all, it's my hard work that has gone into them...

Kayron James Mercieca - JK2 Mapping
2002-06-07, 6:40 PM #2
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 007:
Hi!
First of all, my tutorials are specifically designed to help beginners line by line, and therefore, I will continue explaining how to create a room for the specific stuff of the tutorial...
I do not wish to see any EDITED tutorials around the internet. My work is to remian AS IS!
If you edit them, they should be for YOUR USE ONLY...

I don't mind having tutorials posted around KaZaa communities for example, but NEVER to another website!
I wish to have MY tutorials, on MY website, ONLY!

Please respect these terms and conditions, after all, it's my hard work that has gone into them...

</font>

All right, then. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

I hereby request your permission to make a JK2 Editing package, using your tutorials. I will respect your wishes by NOT posting this on a website. But you have stated that a P2P service like Kazaa is okay, so that is the domain in which I will release it.

Of course I will give you full credit for your tutorials! But I will streamline them a bit, for a more advanced editing crowd. I also think the convenience of being able to download all the tutorials in one package, will be appealing to some.

I hope you do not mind, and believe me when I say that I do appreciate all the work you've done. Your tutorials have benefitted myself, and I'm sure many others, very much.

I also hope for a speedy recovery for your web site. I believe Tripod pulled the plug because they felt it had become a file server, more than a web site with content, due to the tutorials being .zip files.

[This message has been edited by rwr (edited June 07, 2002).]
"Windows is a 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an eight-bit operating system written for a four-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."
2002-06-07, 9:23 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I believe Tripod pulled the plug because they felt it had become a file server, more than a web site with content, due to the tutorials being .zip files.</font>
Yep, but I thought they were too harsh. There are plenty of Tripod sites with more zips than 007 had, but his are larger than most.
2002-06-08, 1:16 AM #4
rwr, I give you permission to do all you stated in your above post...

I would love my tutorials to be ALL IN ONE, very convenient...

2002-06-08, 3:20 AM #5
Is this site ever going to be back up?

Over at JK2.net forums they want to know how to make a light switch.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">In the stealth level in single player there's a light switch that turns the lights off and on, how do I make that?
This is currently an unknown dilemma to the mappers here and Massassi.net, your guess is as good as mine. Previous versions of the Q3A engine didn't offer this feature at all, JK2 however seems to have undocumented improvements to it that we're still learning.
Should you discover how to make a light switch, please post in this thread so I can update this and give you credit. Inquiring minds want to know.</font>

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50777

I was going to post your site address but now it's dead. Fancy going over there and giving them some help?

2002-06-08, 3:25 AM #6
So... now you've said Massassi can't have your tutorials, the editors who've been waiting several weeks to see if its worth writing their own can finally do just that.

*starts writing*
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2002-06-08, 5:39 AM #7
Det - be sure and send your tuts off to Coffee Stain as well.

www.geocities.com/jmzoneus/
2002-06-08, 9:15 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 007:
rwr, I give you permission to do all you stated in your above post...

I would love my tutorials to be ALL IN ONE, very convenient...

</font>

Thank you, 007! I will work on releasing this package as fast as I can. Hopefully by tomorrow.

I'll post in this thread again when I'm done. I'm thinking about releasing the package through eDonkey, what does everyone else think of that? I know Kazaa is more popular, but I have my reasons for choosing eDonkey that will soon become clear.
"Windows is a 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an eight-bit operating system written for a four-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."

↑ Up to the top!