Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → save and test?
save and test?
2002-06-08, 8:04 AM #1
Could someone please explaine, IN DETAIL, how to save and test my level. I've done what the tut's say but I'm lost on how to find it when I start the game. I have GTK Radiant 1.2.8- JK2.

------------------
Just ordinary guys trying to make sense of the sorry world previous generations are so smugly handing over to us like so much skid-marked underwear.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2002-06-08, 8:22 AM #2
I'm guessing it's a MP map... so here goes:
1) click the menu that says BSP and pick a BSP option, if you are just testing, i recommend something NOT FullBSP
2) Wait til that finishes
3) Open up JO
4) bring down the console by pushing SHIFT and ~ (that's a TILDE, it's to the left of the 1 button)
5) Type: /sv_pure 0
6) Type: devmap [whateverthenameofyourmapis]
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2002-06-08, 8:25 AM #3
thanks.
I want to do sp later,
so how do I do that?

------------------
Just ordinary guys trying to make sense of the sorry world previous generations are so smugly handing over to us like so much skid-marked underwear.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2002-06-08, 9:22 AM #4
Same way, just launch SP instead of MP JO...
2002-06-08, 1:46 PM #5
ok, I posted to quickly. I tried that an the frst time it minimized JO then after I clicked on JO it froze. the second time it said that it couldn't find first1.bsp. and first1 is the name of my level.

------------------
2002-06-08, 1:58 PM #6
Go to your gamedata/base folder and go to your maps folder, then scroll down/up to your first1.map and see if it saved it as a .bsp file, it could've saved it as a .lin or a .prt.
If it's a .lin, open Radiant go to file/pointfile, then it should draw a red line from an entity to a leak in your map fix the leak it is pointing to
2002-06-09, 8:59 AM #7
I've got an .lin thing. how do I fix it?

------------------

[This message has been edited by djwguitarman (edited June 09, 2002).]
2002-06-09, 4:07 PM #8
I keep trying everything that yall have told me and all the things in the tutorials but nothing works. I still can't test my level. one thing said that you could set it to lanch JO straight into your level but it didn't work.
I'm getting to like brushes but if I can't play the level there's not much point.

------------------
2002-06-09, 4:14 PM #9
open your level back up and hit compile. watch the DOS window that comes up, if your map has a leak then it will say so somewhere in the window after a few moments like this:

***LEAKED***

If it says that, quit out of the DOS window. In the 3D preview, there should be a red line somewhere. Find it, and follow it to the end. If you come to an entity, then turn around and go to the other end. at the non-entity end is where your leak is, which is probably 2 or more brushes with a gap in between them. You should be able to see the gray from outside the level between them. Cover the hole and try again.
2002-06-09, 4:28 PM #10
the leaks have been fixed. it still won't work.
And what about the thing that auto starts jo after you compile? has anyone had any trouble with it before?

------------------
2002-06-09, 4:39 PM #11
eh.........?
2002-06-09, 6:45 PM #12
Do you not know how to fix it or not know what I'm talking about?

------------------

↑ Up to the top!