Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Just got JA
Just got JA
2003-09-17, 1:44 PM #1
I'm gonna try to have a hilt tutorial ready soon.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2003-09-17, 2:38 PM #2
I was in a hurry. this is theory, yet to be checked in game. seems similar to those saber hilt mods for JO.

I assume you know basic hilt construction already.
a) put textures in base\models\weapons2\saber_hiltname
b) put textures on mesh (make sure it has all the usual tags) and export as saber_w.md3 to the dir. you made in step a.
c)make a .skin file. assuming you named mesh and texture "saber" should be:
Code:
saber,models/weapons2/saber_hiltname/saber.jpg

d)open .md3 in Modview import skin file. export as .glm.
e)pk3 it up and check out my theory.
I'll have a link to my site w/ a full tutorial w/ pics when I check it out.

------------------
2003-09-17, 3:19 PM #3
not working. I can't find out where they go.

------------------
2003-09-18, 8:48 AM #4
The selectable saber hilts go in the path:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\models\weapons2\...
located in the assets1.pk3
the sabers are named saber, saber_1-9, saber_desaan, saber_dual_1-5, saber_luke, saber_reborn, etc.
The sabers are named 1-9 yet in the game have names like adjucator, etc. I think if I find where the names come from, I'll have it. Could be in the coding or scripting, but that would mean it's far more difficult than Raven implied it would be.
any ideas?
And the skinning guide they released is the same as the JO one. They didn't even mention the new modular format or directories. So I'm lost there too.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter 4 hire (edited September 18, 2003).]
2003-09-18, 8:55 AM #5
Maybe the names are in a cfg file?

------------------
In case you didn't notice in the post above, my English teacher is NOT my best friend...
2003-09-18, 9:36 AM #6
there is a folder in assets1.pk3 in the ext_data folder called "sabers" it contains several files called .sab files....I'm gonna see if I can open 'em in Notepad.

------------------
2003-09-18, 9:41 AM #7
I should probably have used one post for all this trial and error, but:
worked. Sabers.sab is opened in notepad. It contains directions in the //lines from Raven as to how to edit new saber files.
Thanks a lot GothicX, I'd never have figured it out.

The files also give interesting insight as to how the physics system works. Besides making single, staff, and dual sabers you can make one handed and two handed swords.
One handed ones apparently mean you can use force while attacking, but with the expence of power in your blocks, parries and locks.
two handed add the power, but you don't have the free attack hand.
Interesting indeed. Now I can make my katana, wakizashi, and double wakizashi hilts(san's metal blades incase you're wondering.).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bounty Hunter 4 hire (edited September 18, 2003).]

2003-09-18, 10:50 AM #8
I got 'em in MP, but SP remains a mystery.

------------------
2003-09-18, 11:09 PM #9
Actually the hilt models need to be named w_lightsabe1, and the tags need to be named starting with tag_blade1 and so on, depending on how my saber blades you want on your model.

------------------
2003-09-19, 8:27 AM #10
Thanks. I'm looking at a.glm and that seems to be the SP format, I'll let you know.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!