Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Scripts are hard...
Scripts are hard...
2003-09-17, 12:38 PM #1
but tey pay off in the end IF THEY WORK. Read my former post, as this thread is just continued, due to the forum merging.

A) Heke7, your script doesn't work. There must be an error in the script somewhere. Or mine, the alarm script.

B) Xizor, I didn't rather "boot" you off my thread! I merely suggested you amke a new one instead of hijacking mine. ...pirate... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
DO NOT WANT.
2003-09-17, 5:51 PM #2
It worked fine with me. I'll make an example map for you and send it to you, ok?

------------------
There 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary arithmetics, and those who don't.
2003-09-17, 8:26 PM #3
Oh, put both NPC_targetname and npc_targetname key's, and give them both value: stormie1
That could be the problem.

------------------
There 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary arithmetics, and those who don't.
2003-09-17, 8:51 PM #4
Err... Just the NPC_targetname will do. And if you have any navgoals and such, they use a script_targetname.

------------------
In case you didn't notice in the post above, my English teacher is NOT my best friend...
2003-09-17, 9:04 PM #5
But the navgoals are defined with stormie as PARM's... So they have targetname, and they work.

------------------
2003-09-18, 1:02 PM #6
[EDIT: Wait, wtf? Why did I have 'use "alarm"'?? I fixed it. Stupid me, scripts are for experts! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif] ]

[This message has been edited by Zell (edited September 18, 2003).]
DO NOT WANT.
2003-09-18, 2:33 PM #7
Hrmmm... it compiles now, but it crashes JO when I open it up. Help. I'm stumped. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
DO NOT WANT.
2003-09-18, 7:49 PM #8
hmmm... Try taking the script out, if it then works, it's my scripts fault, if it still crashes, then it's in your map.

------------------
2003-09-18, 9:28 PM #9
Does it give any error?

------------------
In case you didn't notice in the post above, my English teacher is NOT my best friend...
2003-09-20, 7:50 AM #10
No.
DO NOT WANT.
2003-09-24, 10:55 AM #11
Ah, screw this level. It got that error: "Warning: line somethingsomething is incomplete" again. Grar!
DO NOT WANT.
2003-09-24, 12:33 PM #12
Looks like your not having to fun of a time your levels. BTW peace with the thread thing.

------------------
Why wont you be a good boy and die? - various movies
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2003-09-24, 5:27 PM #13
Scripts are easy. Don't make me post some real code.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-09-24, 10:30 PM #14
Oh no's, not again!

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
GothicX is the best n00b ever.
</font>

↑ Up to the top!