Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → So GTK doesn't delete your maps without a reason?
So GTK doesn't delete your maps without a reason?
2003-10-08, 12:10 AM #1
Ok, I was making my map. Compiled it and it worked. Now, I add a fog and save the map. I close radiant. I open Q3map2toolz, and start compiling my map with the fullvis fast option. Last time it took like 1 min to compile the map. Now, I have waited 3 mins and it had stuck into phase where it says it's loading my map. I abort the compiling, open radiant and my map. What I see? Nothing. It had deleted EVERYTHING. Is there a way getting my map back? Or should I use a de-compiler? JK2Rad didn't do this to me without a reason...

------------------
There 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary arithmetics, and those who don't.
2003-10-08, 1:22 AM #2
That's strange, I would immediately report to the developers. JK2Radiant as done this to me before, twice actually.. GTK never, ever did this to me.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
GothicX is the best n00b ever.
</font>
2003-10-08, 2:49 AM #3
Dont forget theres the autosave file too, so if it has deleted your map most of it should still be there provided you havnt done any more work since.

------------------
~DestroyeR
~Desty
2003-10-08, 5:55 AM #4
I've seen things get mucked up with the world spawn before so the map wouldn't load, but it wasn't acctualy deleted, I had to load it(file>load) and then ungroup the brushes to it gets the world spawn back.
this will probably make all brush ents revert to normal brushes though.

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
Immorality- 1 Cor. 6:18, 2 Tim. 2:22
Impure thoughts- Col. 3:2, Phil. 4:8
Alcohol- Eph. 5:18, Prov. 20:1
Anger- Gal. 5:22, Porv. 20:3
Pride- 1 Peter 5:5, Dan. 4:37
Worry- 1 Peter 5:7, Phil. 4:7-6
speech- James 1:26, Eph. 4:29-5:2
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

↑ Up to the top!