Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → How do if fix this?
How do if fix this?
2003-10-11, 4:47 PM #1
While recently working on my latest level i have been having what i call the "Kengo" problem. If anyone has played Occupation than you know that the light "leaked" out of some of his buildings and it looks very unproffesional. I need help making it so it doesnt leak out anymore. Is there any shader or something to fix this?

------------------
I perfer him to become a jedi, look into the shaft of his saber and say "mesa jedi" and turn it on, impaling his head and making the theatre erupt in laughter
-Jar Jar Binks Death Description from Yecti.
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2003-10-12, 3:01 AM #2
Well, if this is for MP, the will be leaks and odd light things that appear many times. Take a good look at the JO MP maps. I don't remember a shader that "blocks" light leaks.

Be fear not. In the JA game, the light seem to be fixed. Not much leaks.

But, if I recall, you don't have JA. Try your best to "contain" light and use a good compiler. I don't know why MP in JO let light leak through walls and stuff..

------------------
"The Tenloss Disruptor was outlawed throughout the galaxy because it's such a stupid gun"
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-10-12, 3:28 AM #3
Ive got JO and this is single player. Still wish i had JA. I guess i will block it with very small brushes so that it will be hard to notice them.

------------------
I perfer him to become a jedi, look into the shaft of his saber and say "mesa jedi" and turn it on, impaling his head and making the theatre erupt in laughter
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2003-10-12, 6:41 AM #4
Make sure the underside from the brushes is covered with caulk.

And don't call it the "Kengo" problem. respect him.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
GothicX is the best n00b ever.
</font>
2003-10-12, 6:42 AM #5
**** ! you beat me to it, gothic!

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-10-12, 10:48 AM #6
also, bouncescale can lead to this (but not if there's caulk under the walls)

------------------
saberopus
You'll notice I used to be in Jon`C's sig. This is because he wished to transfer my awesome might to himself. Clearly he realized such trasnfer is impossible. --oSiRiS
-Adding a bit of humor (as well as a bit of oSiRiS's might?)
2003-10-13, 12:17 PM #7
Oh i respect him and i like his levels, but that just stood out to me while i was playing it so i call it that but i wont call it that anymore. BTW cazor, do you want me to make a flash vid to spice up your TMU website? I got flash MX and i know how to use it. I could make a good vid for it.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!