Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → how do i make this?
how do i make this?
2003-10-14, 6:22 AM #1
i need to doors(like hangar bay doors) that are on top of a hangar to slide open so a vehicle can rise up an fly out. i need to be able to have them closed at the start and be able to open/close them with a switch. its a mp level for jedi academy. i also need to know how to make a simple elevator and a really easy and quick way to make stairs in easy to understand format, because i have read the tutorials and have no idea what they are talking about, they confuse me.

------------------
2003-10-14, 7:00 AM #2
Just make a button that triggers a door.How to make buttons is described in the Massassi Elevator tutorial. Stairs are easy, and if you're extremely lazy, you can even use the GTK plug-in for it.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
GothicX is the best n00b ever.
</font>
2003-10-14, 7:24 AM #3
this still doesnt tell me how to make the brushes move like a door. what do i do, step by step?

------------------
2003-10-14, 8:05 AM #4
Follow RichDiesal's tutorials.

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/

------------------
Quote:
</font>
2003-10-14, 1:39 PM #5
I believe there is a door tutorial right on this site.

------------------
"The Tenloss Disruptor was outlawed throughout the galaxy because it's such a stupid gun"
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-10-16, 6:26 AM #6
also, how do i make it so that the doors STAY OPEN until i press the switch to close them, instead of having a wait time and then closing?

------------------
2003-10-16, 6:50 AM #7
use the "TOGGLE" spawnflag.

------------------
Quote:
</font>

↑ Up to the top!