Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Where To Put D/Led Prefabs?
Where To Put D/Led Prefabs?
2003-10-10, 4:33 PM #1
As the title says... where do I put it if I want to use it in a map?? Also, if I download a prefab/model that somebody else has created and uploaded to the massassi models page, do I need to ask them for permission to use it in my map? (I willgive them credit for it in the readme, no matter what) Thanks!

- Kirbot

------------------
"What was that?"
"Just another day at work, Jan..."
"What was that?"

"Wow, are you serious??"
"Noooo, I was being sarcastic..."
2003-10-12, 12:24 PM #2
If they have it up for download somewhere, and don't ask you to ask for permission, then you may include it without their permission (as long as you credit them in the readme)

There's a prefab folder under radiant I think... dunno...

try checking that.

------------------
saberopus
You'll notice I used to be in Jon`C's sig. This is because he wished to transfer my awesome might to himself. Clearly he realized such trasnfer is impossible. --oSiRiS
-Adding a bit of humor (as well as a bit of oSiRiS's might?)
2003-10-12, 8:30 PM #3
Yeah, it's the prefab folder in your maps folder... Paste it to there, and then in radiant load the prefab to your level.

------------------
There 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary arithmetics, and those who don't.
2003-10-12, 10:46 PM #4
Don't people read readme files anymore?

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
GothicX is the best n00b ever.
</font>
2003-10-16, 3:37 PM #5
Yes, I do read readme files, but this one didn't have directions for how to use it O_o What I want to use is the Halo Warthog model, but I don't know if that's considered a prefab or model, since it referred to it as a prefab in the readme, and mentioned brush count.

------------------
"What was that?"
"What was that?"

"Wow, are you serious??"
"Noooo, I was being sarcastic..."

↑ Up to the top!