Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → 3do-md3 conversion issues
3do-md3 conversion issues
2003-10-16, 12:20 PM #1
ACK! HOW DO I CONVERT TO 3do TO A md3? OR BETTER YET, HOW CAN I USE A 3do FILE IN MY MAP? ARGH, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

[for those of you who did not understand my rant, I would like to know how to use a 3do file in my map, or convert a 3do to a md3 so it can be used normally. Thanks.]

------------------
.:MaP NeWb ExTroDiNaIr:.

.:WOK:.
Acclamator
Infinate
Joust
2003-10-16, 12:25 PM #2
ARGH, I FORGOT TO MENTION SOMTHING...I AM USING RADIANT v1.3.12 ...

[ again, for those who can not understand my angry style of typing, I am just noting that I am using Radiant v[ersion] 1.3.12 ]

------------------

Acclamator
Infinate
Joust
2003-10-16, 1:00 PM #3
ARGH! THIS IS IN THE WRONG FORUM! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Welcome! The name of this forum is a little confusing to new users. This forum is for JK and MotS editing. It's called the "Main Editing Forum" primarily as a hold over from when this site was entirely JK/MotS. Your post belongs in the JO Editing forum. I'll move it there now.

On a side note, who's 3do are you trying to convert? It would be illegal to use one of the JK/MotS ones that come with the games so don't do it. If its one somebody else made (like one posted here on Massassi) you should get its creator's permission before you modify it to use in your level.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2003-10-16, 1:54 PM #4
3do to md3? Sorry, I don't know how...Maybe thru expert modeling or something [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

Strange really. This somewhat reminds me of something. Didn't the Code Alliance work on some program that could convert the sectors of JED to brushes of Gtk, or am I imagining this?

------------------
"The Tenloss Disruptor was outlawed throughout the galaxy because it's such a stupid gun"
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-10-16, 1:57 PM #5
You dont export models in a mapping program.

First of all, you need 3DSM (an acual MODELING program) and the 3do->md3 exporter.

Please do some kinda of research before going all nuts.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-10-16, 2:07 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cazor:
Please do some kinda of research before going all nuts.</font>

Indeed you should. There is no 3DO to MD3 converter, and no working 3DO importer for anything.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-10-16, 2:53 PM #7
Ok...so if we can't convert it, is there any way I can actually USE it in my map?

------------------

Acclamator
Infinate
Joust
2003-10-16, 3:15 PM #8
Not really. Why would you even want to?

------------------
2003-10-16, 4:01 PM #9
This certain model was perfect for what I wanted.....Anyways, I can probably replicate it, but it would be much easier if I could directly use it...

------------------

Acclamator
Infinate
Joust
2003-10-17, 12:20 AM #10
Hm... How about this:
Take your 3DO into a 3DO converter and convert it to a Model format that 3DSM knows, then import and retexture the object and export to the MD3 you want.

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2003-10-17, 3:12 AM #11
Hey new person!

------------------
A real man uses JK2.
A smart man uses GTK.
This is why i am not a smart man.
*Remnant Temple A soon to be ready for beta*
Light And Darkness
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2003-10-17, 3:37 AM #12
You could try my 3D0 import plugin for MilkShape 3D. You would then be able to export your model as a MD3 from MilkShape 3D.

However, you should know that I have received several reports that the plugin won´t even show up in MilkShape 3D for some(all?) users. I have finally been able to reproduce this myself so hopefully I will be able to put out a working version soon.

------------------
dr0id
droid.codealliance.ca
dr0id
2003-10-18, 12:30 PM #13
Thanks droid, but no need. I printed out a SS of it and modeled my own. There is another thing I would like to ask, though. When I use my cliper tool, it completly destorys what I am trying to cut. I had heard there was a way to cut it, but leave both pieces there, only register them as seperate brushes...how do I do this?

------------------

Acclamator
Infinate
Joust

[This message has been edited by uSuRp0 (edited October 18, 2003).]
2003-10-18, 12:45 PM #14
shift+enter

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
Immorality- 1 Cor. 6:18, 2 Tim. 2:22
Impure thoughts- Col. 3:2, Phil. 4:8
Alcohol- Eph. 5:18, Prov. 20:1
Anger- Gal. 5:22, Porv. 20:3
Pride- 1 Peter 5:5, Dan. 4:37
Worry- 1 Peter 5:7, Phil. 4:7-6
speech- James 1:26, Eph. 4:29-5:2
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2003-10-18, 1:47 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
Indeed you should. There is no 3DO to MD3 converter, and no working 3DO importer for anything.

</font>

I saw something about it at some planet quake site.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|The Valley of the Jedi Tower|Smaug's Lair
2003-10-18, 2:41 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dr0id:
However, you should know that I have received several reports that the plugin won´t even show up in MilkShape 3D for some(all?) users. I have finally been able to reproduce this myself so hopefully I will be able to put out a working version soon.</font>

Indeed, it's utterly useless because of this. I can't get it showing in any version. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
2003-10-20, 1:48 AM #17
I've used the 3do convertor in milkshape,it worked fine. But it was still useless since it didn't remember texture information and I didn't have any programs to texture m3ds

------------------
Call me Vedder.
Author of: A Pirate's Tale (Mots SP)
APT homepage
----
<phantom> You're always going to be aloser if you attempt to aspire to massassi standards.
<phantom> They're a bunch of socially inadequate <beep> whores who have little or no lives.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com

↑ Up to the top!