Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → Cutscenes
Cutscenes
2003-11-13, 8:29 PM #1
Hi, I've been looking for tutorials on how to script in Jedi Academy and especially on scripting cutscenes. (I'm planning on creating a lightsaber battle cutscene!) If you know how to do this or where I can find a tutorial, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.
2003-11-13, 9:54 PM #2
Cutscenes don't work yet. Wait for the SDK.

------------------
Endurance of Hatred
2003-11-14, 9:09 AM #3
Arrgh! When is the SDK come out?

------------------
What is a sig you may ask. A sig is only a small factor in the flow of life. It is just a minor detail of the universe we live in. To understand the true purpose of this sig, you must understand how life influences it. To do that you must understand how the functions of life work in the world. There you shall know how time plays a role. Time and life are...you sir! Is that a monkey?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2003-11-14, 9:15 AM #4
Stalk stupid lucasArts. if it was up to raven, we'd have had it before JA came out!

------------------
Endurance of Hatred
2003-11-14, 9:54 AM #5
I knew evil lucasarts was behind this....

Let's riot.

------------------
What is a sig you may ask. A sig is only a small factor in the flow of life. It is just a minor detail of the universe we live in. To understand the true purpose of this sig, you must understand how life influences it. To do that you must understand how the functions of life work in the world. There you shall know how time plays a role. Time and life are...you sir! Is that a monkey?

[This message has been edited by Echoman (edited November 14, 2003).]
2003-11-14, 11:29 AM #6
Is there a petition or something going around yet?

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2003-11-14, 1:09 PM #7
I dunno. But still, it would be foolish if Lucasarts did that. I thought they like to promote editing? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

When was JO's SDK came out? Anyone remember?

------------------
2003-11-15, 4:56 AM #8
Hey, guess what. I found a temporary solution to creating cutscenes in JKA. I got the JK2 tool suite, and then I got JK2 tool suite 2. It had the script editor for JK2 in it. I made a scripted cutscene for JK2, then I copied it and pasted it in the JKA script folder and it worked! I created a JK2 cutscene that works in JKA! I hope this helps you guys too with your maps.
2003-11-15, 5:00 AM #9
Yes you can do that. But the JK2 scripting tool has more limits in JKA.

------------------
2003-11-15, 6:17 AM #10
And half of it doesn't work. Lassev tested some stuff.

------------------
Endurance of Hatred
2003-11-17, 11:39 AM #11
I know, but as I said, it's only a TEMPORARY solution UNTIL the real JKA tools are released.

↑ Up to the top!