Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Editing Forum → pjb no good....
pjb no good....
2003-12-02, 11:02 PM #1
i have been fidleing with GTK trying to amke evan a simple levle for JO for ages.. but to put it simply i dont have the faintest idea what i am doing after the first room... also i realy dontt understand the tutorials well, i gues the lack of english halps... and now JA is out. i want to make maps for that..

i still havent found how to add or make shaders, i dont knwo hwo to impliment scrpits, i cant find any information on the icarus/icarus II language.. and most terrible of all, i cant rember what mode to compile in to get the lighting to work...

and can i jsut make my map in GTK then move it to JA? so can i jsut play any JO map in JA? how do i do it?

and i cant realy grasp teh hole "brush based" system.. its so mutch different than JK's sectors...

so. um.. help.

------------------
I am pjb.
Another post......
another moment of my life wasted.....
at least i made a level.
PJB's JK page's

-the PJB jedi rule book-
rule one, "never trust a bartender with bad grammar"-kyle katarn in JO

Rule Two, "Gravity is a crule misstress" -kyle katarn in MotS, and the alternatior MK I in AJTD

rule three, "asprines good, but it hasent got the kick of morphine. and its not gonna stop the hurting in my arm, the ones thats on the otherside of the room i mean" -the alternatior

[This message has been edited by [SF]pjb (edited December 03, 2003).]
I am Darth PJB!
well, go on, run away!

i have a plastic lightsaber and a jedi cape.. am i a nerd?

If gravity is a crule mistress, and bar tenders with bad grammar are untrustworthy, what is air?
2003-12-03, 2:12 AM #2
Once you compile your map, it's exactly like JK's sectors.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-12-03, 4:01 AM #3
-very blank look-

right...

well i am shure that will help me when i actualy compleate a map.. untill then.. help

------------------
I am pjb.
Another post......
another moment of my life wasted.....
at least i made a level.
PJB's JK page's

-the PJB jedi rule book-
rule one, "never trust a bartender with bad grammar"-kyle katarn in JO

Rule Two, "Gravity is a crule misstress" -kyle katarn in MotS, and the alternatior MK I in AJTD

rule three, "asprines good, but it hasent got the kick of morphine. and its not gonna stop the hurting in my arm, the ones thats on the otherside of the room i mean" -the alternatior
I am Darth PJB!
well, go on, run away!

i have a plastic lightsaber and a jedi cape.. am i a nerd?

If gravity is a crule mistress, and bar tenders with bad grammar are untrustworthy, what is air?
2003-12-03, 9:13 AM #4
It is possible to use JO maps in JA but only if u set the GTK Radiant settings to the paths of Jedi Academy
And don't look to far for ideas , just think of something u like , anyways if ur not that good at english try using a web translator wich will translate pages to ur language

http://www.worldlingo.com/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

and www.jedioutcastmaps.com is the best site to learn how to work with JK2Radiant or GTKradiant , only richdasiel makes a mistake by saying that jk2radiant is better than gtkradiant

[This message has been edited by AlieNiZeD (edited December 03, 2003).]
2003-12-03, 11:50 AM #5
-Actually all you have to do is transfer the map files with all its textures, shaders, scripts, etc to JA directory from the JO.

-You can open and edit shader properties with Notepad.

-The brush based system is just adding physical objects in an empty world. Adjust each brush by its length, width and height. Just make sure the are no leakes to the "void." Practice. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
---@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!